Front upper control arm question

spross86

hi I am looking for some information.
I am replacing all the bushing and on the upper control arm there is a what looks like a splined washer the matches splines on control are mounting shaft I broke one removing the bushing but I can’t find any info as far as name or what it does? It appears that it locks the bushing after torquing . Does anybody know what these are and where to get new one.
Thanks

Thats exactly what it does, however you can not buy them alone as far as I know... and I'm pretty sure they are welded in place so the bushing can not spin. Ive heard guys just sliding it back in place and sending it with no issues. A option that you can do is buy the control arm shaft that is actually better then stock. It helps with extra Camber. Moog makes a kit #K6218. Summit is the cheapest. Hope that helps.

CAEAEBCC-6EDB-46F5-9733-C990090F0D7A.jpeg
0F5A3886-5B7C-4F7B-BEF3-4F28CE69E45A.jpeg
3F1E6FD8-A2E4-4C5C-90D0-6BDBA8B5997C.jpeg
Thanks Hackersdna
I ordered a new set today!
Got the bottom done today!

Thats exactly what it does, however you can not buy them alone as far as I know... and I'm pretty sure they are welded in place so the bushing can not spin. Ive heard guys just sliding it back in place and sending it with no issues. A option that you can do is buy the control arm shaft that is actually better then stock. It helps with extra Camber. Moog makes a kit #K6218. Summit is the cheapest. Hope that helps.

So I got the new ones in today and found that there was (2) serrated washers one for each side? When I removed the old ones there was only (1) installed and it was on the bushing facing the front end. No washer was on the rear bushing on either side? Should I only install one per side or all (4)?
Thanks

You can get a set of tubular upper that weigh less then stock and are stronger for $45 each brand new at speedway motors google them g body upper control arms from speedway motors

You can get a set of tubular upper that weigh less then stock and are stronger for $45 each brand new at speedway motors google them g body upper control arms from speedway motors
Yes they look good but are not really designed for the everyday driver. I own a powder coating company and have already powder coating all my upper and lower control arms as a show car for our work.
But I want to know if I only install one serrated washer or two per upper control arm? It just seems strang that one bushing would be locked to the washer and one would float free on the shaft. But thats how it was when removed and now the new set has two with the kit. Really don’t want to do it twice.

Put them both in. the reason GM put one on the rear is because of forward motion. They felt that the front bushing that is trying to push rearward will always catch on the lip of
the shaft and did not need a lock. The rear needed some kind of lock help due to it might explode past a 2" spacer and lock nut. "Of course I'm being a smart ass"
Or hell maybe they were saving a zillion dollars by only using one. Either way you always want to use what is giving to you from the manufacturer of said part. We tend to
over think things because we do own theses cars. At the end of the day we have to remember that they are just vehicles and not Unicorn sprinkled space rockets.

Put them both in. the reason GM put one on the rear is because of forward motion. They felt that the front bushing that is trying to push rearward will always catch on the lip of
the shaft and did not need a lock. The rear needed some kind of lock help due to it might explode past a 2" spacer and lock nut. "Of course I'm being a smart ass"
Or hell maybe they were saving a zillion dollars by only using one. Either way you always want to use what is giving to you from the manufacturer of said part. We tend to
over think things because we do own theses cars. At the end of the day we have to remember that they are just vehicles and not Unicorn sprinkled space rockets.
I new I should of did a car-fax before I bought it dam salesman sold me a fake Rocket with sprinkles! Lol thanks again for your help!