You can type here any text you want

Front Upper Control Arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
FYI you can get new control arms from dorman. If I remember right they are spendy for what they are (heavy anchors). I think for around 100 bucks you can get problem solver bushings and ball joints. Get some beer, a buddy, and a BFH and pipe and go to town.

Hey Jeremy, you stayin over night in DM?

My opinion on the Moogs are that they are awesome to use in the lower control arms to keep ride quality and still are stiff enough to keep the car firm. Good balance. I use them in my my lowers and my car has a pretty hard core suspension/brake set up. BUT.....I would use a different bushing for the uppers, like Del-Alums. The Moogs will get week from the heat of the downpipe, polly's will break down too.

I did some research on the Del-a-lum bushings. I assume you mean the ones from Global west ?

they have a note on the page saying not recommended for turbo vehicles :confused:

Get double adjustable SPC's for the uppers and be done with it. There's really no point in spending money on upper tubulars if they arent adjustable. Stockers work just as well.
X2. Just did the same.

I went with the speed ways since I needed new bushing any way it wasnt that much more then replacing the stock bushing so why not I dont put enough miles on the car that I will ware the bushing in them out any time soon. If I ever get in to road racing or somthing I will go SPC but for what I use the car for now going to shows and crewsing on the weekend they do just fine.

I went with the speed ways since I needed new bushing any way it wasnt that much more then replacing the stock bushing so why not I dont put enough miles on the car that I will ware the bushing in them out any time soon. If I ever get in to road racing or somthing I will go SPC but for what I use the car for now going to shows and crewsing on the weekend they do just fine.

I know this thread is old but did you use two right side arms from Speedway? I've heard that's the setup a stock suspension car needs.

SPC for me as well. Love the adjustability, and you're able to get way more positive caster than you can with stockers. Not cheap, but highly recommended.

Back