You can type here any text you want

Fuel Cannister

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EGOKILR

Dont Worry, Be Happy.
I didnt have one when I bought the car for who knows what reason, but I bought one and dont have the connector on top. I recently put the cannister on and the hose for the vapor, and have noticed the smell gone about 90 percent, but if I dont have that connector on top what will happen. Seems to me the connector would open the port to let the vapor in but not exactly sure. Any one know how bad this is, and if its too bad should I just remove it till I get the connector and where can I buy one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Without the purge solenoid connected, the cannister is purged all the time (except under boost conditions) even at idle. It creates a giant vacuum leak at idle.

Ok thanks

Would the vacuum leak cause me to loose horsepower. Do you happen to know where I can pick one up. Thanks for the response.

The purge valve is discontinued and when I bought mine last fall, there were only 5 or 6 left in the system according to my GM parts guru - I had to drive an hour to get it from another dealer that happened to have one on their shelf. There are a couple of guys on eBay that list them from time to time. I can get the PN later in the week if you need it...Pm me if that is the case

ok thanks

I will pm you if the one off of an oldsmoble cutlass is not the same. I am snagging the vacuum system off the cutlass and thought about it, I could get the part for the cannister also. Just dont know if its the same. Anybody know if the cutlass is the same.

Back