You can type here any text you want

Fuel capacity

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Johnnie

i heard somewhere that our TB fuel gauges are sometimes less than reliable. Mine hasn't moved much from 1/2 to 3/4 . Prob because I keep adding fuel ....*duh*... But I just don't trust it yet. I filled it this time and it took about 5 gal , or so and now it reads full. I am assuming a 16 gal tank? If so , then it's prob ok. Am I correct a t 16 gal?

What kind of fuel stabilizer recommended, sta-bil? Gonna pickle the car from about Nov to March in a garage, covered and on jack stands.
Thanks in advance

Check out Sta-Bil 360°, it'll keep fuel good for up to 12 months. Also, it has vapors that'll protect above the fuel line and provide corrosion resistance. The digital dash in my 87 displays 17, then F. So, your stock tank should be 18 gal.

Last edited:
When I changed the fuel pump on my '86 T my fuel gauge was working okay until I installed the new pump, then it quit working at all. Pulled the sending unit back out and checked all the wires for correct connection, then started messing with the connections themselves. Long story short, there was some corrosion (a white residue) on the pump and sender harness connections (in the tank) that wasn't noticeable. As soon as I cleaned them and reconnected everything, the gauge worked like new.
John

Back