You can type here any text you want

Fuel injector issues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

montecarlofast

740 ftlb Rocket Couch
So i have been trying to figure out why my fuel injectors arent triggering when I start my car. I have good 12v at each injector and the plug and at the ECM, when the car tries to start the Positive signal goes away. Its supposed to turn to a ground. but it doesn't does this sound like a bad injector driver chip? if I pulse ground through the injector wires for a second and then try to start it, it starts and runs. not just for a couple of seconds but consistently runs. then if i turn the car off and let it sit and come back in a couple of hours, it wont start again. Ive just finnished my intercooled swap using all 86-87 parts in my 85 T type and this is the only problem Ive got. I have checked all my grounds to make sure they are low resistance and am pretty sure I got the cam sensor in right cause when it runs it actually runs really good. thanks.

Sounds to me that you don't have 12v to the ecm while the key is in the crank position.. You are "priming" the engine w/ your test power. You crank it, the injs go dead, the engine runs long enuf for you to release the key, and the injs are now getting power from the run side of the key..

Ill have to check the voltage drop on the pink/black wire when Im cranking it. I know its got great voltage on the orange constant power lead into the ECM but the pink black might be an issue. could a bad injector driver chip also be the culprit?

Back