fuel press. gauge question

newwguyy

:confused: Just got a fuel pressure gauge from SUMMIT, but it only has a male threaded plug coming off the gauge...Does any one know the size of the threaded nipple coming off the fuel inj. rail where the gauge will screw into? I am hoping I can get the fitting locally and not deal with summit, as they told me this one would "fit right on there".

I have a 85 gn and used -4an fitting on the schrader valve on the rail and some high psi fuel hose from a hose shop and mounted the gauge on the fender. I have read that if you mount the gauge directly to the rail that it wont last as long due to vibrations, but some people have not had a problem.

I am new to fittings, where should I start with looking for the fitting, and do I just tell them I need a "-4an fitting" ?? thanks for the info :D

Just go to a local speed shop or a place that specializes in hoses and fittings and take the car with you so they can see what you have. The fitting on the rail is either a 45 or 37 degree flare but the hose shop i went to said when the size is that small either flare will seal it. I have had mine on for over a year with no problem. I heard that kirban's sells the fitting but by the time you pay for it and shipping it could get expensive.

What brand gauge is it? Every Autometer I've ever gotten has the -4 AN adapter included with the gauge. It goes on the pipe-thread sticking out of the back of the gauge. The fitting should be easy to find at a speed shop, or you can look it up on Autometer's site and plug the p/n into Summit's site. You'll need a length of -4 AN braided steel hose with.

You are mounting that outside the car, right? If not you'll need an isolator, too.

Jim