You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pressue Regulator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oldtimer

What fuel pressure regulator is everyone running on their
Stage 2's with a Bowling Green intake and fuel rails.

The BG fuel rail set up that I have, has a provision for a fuel rail mounted type FPR.

Is there a fuel rail mounted FPR available that will handle the fuel supply of a 2025 or 2035 Weldon pump ?

Thanks for any help here

George

My friend has a offcenter stage 2 with the bowling green intake. He has a weldon pump and uses their regulator also.:)

Originally posted by Big Stu
My friend has a offcenter stage 2 with the bowling green intake. He has a weldon pump and uses their regulator also.:)

Stu

Is it a " fuel rail mounted " FPR or stand alone.

George

Originally posted by BEATBY6
you can rail mount it if needed.Scott

Unless BGC changed their design....the rail was furnished with provision for a stock style regulator, accufab, etc.

I had different rail installed without the stock type hole provision,
then fed both sides of rail, with weldon set-up in the rear.

How would you plumb a weldon, and block off the stock type provision
:confused:

If someone is using a Weldon 2025 or 2035 you don't want a stock location regulator. You need to feed both sides of rail with -8 and at least a -6 or 8 return.

Originally posted by BEATBY6
Drill the end end out to NPT and weld the other hole closed.:D

Hmm to much work, and might be to ugly for me....better to get the right rail (not expensive) and do it the right way.......heck he's building a Stage II.......and has plenty $$$$

:cool:

Joe,

The one I did looks factory.I milled the hole out and made a alum. plug and tig welded it in,smoothed the weld out and scotch brite whala new rail.:D

Originally posted by Joe Lubrant
Hmm to much work, and might be to ugly for me....better to get the right rail (not expensive) and do it the right way.......heck he's building a Stage II.......and has plenty $$$$

:cool:

and has plenty $$$$ ????:( :D That was before I started the Stage 2 project:eek:

Thanks guys, I think you've answered my question ! There doesn't seem to be a stock style FPR, substantial enough to flow the volume of a 2025 0r 2035 Weldon pump

Scott, did you fabricate the BG fuel rail to accomodate a Weldon FPR ??????

George:confused:

Scott's setup looks bad ass. I thought I was building a mean car until he e-mailed me some of his pics. Purple anodized tin? That is what you call killer. :D

I wanted to add that my buddy's car has his weldon regulator rail mounted as well. Sorry about not answering sooner....

Originally posted by Big Stu
I wanted to add that my buddy's car has his weldon regulator rail mounted as well. Sorry about not answering sooner....

Stu

from the pics Scott sent you, do you possibly have any that show the fuel rail with the Weldon FPR installed

Thanks

George

I bet that since scott is such a nice guy, he would probably send you a couple if you e-mailed and politely asked him. :) I am not sure if I have any or not...:cool:

Have used both the PTE rail mount regulator and an accufab on bowling green intakes and stock fuel rails with 2025 pumps. Single -10 inlet and -6 return using the stock feed line as a return with no pressure problems. Both cars were 3500 pound mid-high 9 second stage motors. Couldn't vouch for a 2035 pump however.
Any reason you just couldn't tap the rail return and plug it and retap on the end for a bigger regulator or a remote mount?
Greg Kring
9.0@150

Originally posted by summit
Have used both the PTE rail mount regulator and an accufab on bowling green intakes and stock fuel rails with 2025 pumps. Single -10 inlet and -6 return using the stock feed line as a return with no pressure problems. Both cars were 3500 pound mid-high 9 second stage motors. Couldn't vouch for a 2035 pump however.
Any reason you just couldn't tap the rail return and plug it and retap on the end for a bigger regulator or a remote mount?
Greg Kring
9.0@150

Thanks Greg

Looks like I'll have to do the plug tap trick. I find it interesting though, that you were able to get by with a stock type FPR with the Weldon pump. I would've never guessed that a stock style FPR would have flowed (by passed ) enough fuel. I'm learning every day.

George

Yes, as guys like John Estill have shown, it's the return line that causes the problem (when too small), not so much the regulator orifice...

TurboTR

Back