Fuel pressure regulator

Brandon706

I had a billet fuel pressure regulator fail after about three years of use. I picked up a new accufab before I read all the bad reviews on this site. Now I’m afraid to install it. Have anybody tried the autozone versions of the 237 regulator, according to the forum that is the most reliable regulator for our cars

I had a billet fuel pressure regulator fail after about three years of use. I picked up a new accufab before I read all the bad reviews on this site. Now I’m afraid to install it. Have anybody tried the autozone versions of the 237 regulator, according to the forum that is the most reliable regulator for our cars

How did your billet regulator fail? Can you buy a new diaphragm for it and rebuild it? They aren't complicated devices.

Complaints about the Accufab are overblown. For every person that's had a problem, there are twenty that haven't and just don't feel like getting in an argument on the internet about it. My personal only complaint is whatever rubber they make their diaphragms from starts seeping every 5-7 years. That's the signal to spend $24 on a rebuild kit and do some maintenance.

If you don't need adjustability, get a parts store regulator. Just make sure you check it with a gauge after installing it to make sure it's right.

Any fuel system part that's made of rubber is a maintenance item. They do not last forever.

As stated before they are simple devices. Almost every turbo Buick I know has used that Accufab regulator with no problems . There is very little that can go wrong with them and if they do go bad u buy a $10 diaphragm and install it . Anyway if you have it slap it on and stop reading all the nonsense. I’m pretty sure I could probably look up every part on my buick and find negative things about them lol

After you install the Accufab Reg , that spare you going to rebuild , you're probably not going to ever need it.

.....unless you start logging fuel pressure, then you might find yourself throwing that Accufab POS into the garbage.

If you're going to spend money, get the Kirbins unit and be down with it.