You can type here any text you want

Fuel problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So do y'all believe a Hotwire kit could bring the correct voltage or is there another problem here that's making it not hold pressure?

So are you saying I need a 340 chuck?

No. No pump designed for 12-14V I've ever tested, works at 6 v.
I've had injs that won't turn on at 9V.
A 1 volt drop in supplied voltage can drop the pump's output 15%.

So do y'all believe a Hotwire kit could bring the correct voltage or is there another problem here that's making it not hold pressure?
The voltage has no bearing on the ability to "hold psi".
That's a function of the pump check valve, a leak in the intank feed line, leaky injs, etc.

If you have only 6v up at the pump a hot wire kit may not work until you get more voltage back there. 6v may not be enough to pull in the hot wire relay. You need to find where you are loosing voltage . good luck Sam

Update:
ordered a brand new hotwire kit from racetronix and installed it today. voltage is much better around 10.4 now and idk if im checking in the right place but it was 5-6 before. anyways the gauge is showing now 36-38lbs base fuel pressure and isnt adjusting with the regulator and doesnt change when i take the vaccumm line off. Also the needle flickers back and forth real fast every now and then and still doesnt hold when you shut the car off. any ideas?

Update:
ordered a brand new hotwire kit from racetronix and installed it today. voltage is much better around 10.4 now and idk if im checking in the right place but it was 5-6 before. anyways the gauge is showing now 36-38lbs base fuel pressure and isnt adjusting with the regulator and doesnt change when i take the vaccumm line off. Also the needle flickers back and forth real fast every now and then and still doesnt hold when you shut the car off. any ideas?
You should have 14v engine running. Figure out why you don't first. Than use another gauge that is known good

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Back