You can type here any text you want

FUEl PUMP/CONVERTER QUESTIONS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Match race! Match Race!! Come on Mav and Chuck, lets get a good ol fashined best 3 outta 5 going. Name the place, I'll be there even if I have to hitchike or catch the senior citizen shuttle bus :D

Sorry to say Mav, but being another ol fart, I'll may have to check Chuck's medication, and I'll hold his cane while we set his ol butt in the car with a nursing home cherry picker if need be.

Let's see if the young guy with the $$$ has what it takes to whip up on an wrinkled up ol geezer :D (who BTW has probably as many passes down the track as he has wrinkles in his sack)

As you said Mav, all just in fun

Dwight

"ROF" (retired old fart)
(low digit income, but runs low 11s with unopened stock motor -just minor bolt ons)

Originally posted by Steve Wood

Ted, unlike some, I read before I argue.

The other half of the trick is to remember what ya read, hahaha..
S'cuse please I gotta stop for my Beta Blockers.

FUELPUMP

check out barry grants new enduro fuel pump they say its good for 2000 hp and 1000 lb-hr ,sit in traffic all day long due to its new design , it uses fuel through the pump body to cool the motor. just my 02's

pumps and converters...

I dont know if I should get into this or not.. but here goes...

pumps - I had a single weldon 2025 on the car with -10/-8 for feed and return. We felt that it wasn't as 'safe' as we like to play hard and I have hopes of stepping into @400+ cubic inches soon anyway... that combination made over 960 rear wheel ponys on a chassis dyno - I now have 2 weldon 2025-A's feeding -10 to each rail with -8 return on each rail. I am using Weldons filters and regulators. It may be overkill for the little 6 but it sure looks nice...

I would recommend using at least -10 to feed a Weldon 2025 and at least -8 to return it. This is my opinion and should be thought of as much - NOTE - I am not the fuel system guru... I think there is some pics of my set up and system on www.meankidsracing.com

I have a few buddys that are in the testing phases of the new belt driven pump from aeromotive -- I took that feedback and decided on the 2 Weldons...

as far as the converter I used to have an 8" converter in a 400 trying to spin twin 63's and it felt like it took forever to spool them up and I had about 5000 stall - so you can add that to your list of things to think about if you want -

Winsett -
www.meankidsracing.com

I'm like a chocaholic - but for boobs err... boose...

Scott,

What did your friends think of the aeromotive belt driven pump?
I am considering one for a future project.

Here is a current list of the Wledon pumps that are out.

Part # Price

2005-A $500.00
2015-A $579.00
2025-A $612.00
2035-A $742.00
2345-A $1064.87
6000-A $1245.26

If a 2035 is enough for at least 1800hp then what is the advantage of two 2025 pumps? I am trying to understand the
reasoning for the 2 pumps. I would worry about losing a pump and killing one side of the motor.

Scott, thanks in advance for your imput =)

Originally posted by bruce

The other half of the trick is to remember what ya read, hahaha..
S'cuse please I gotta stop for my Beta Blockers.

Hope they improve your retention, hahaha....

Holy $hit, lots of reply's to this ole post, I haven't been on in a few days, lol. Hey Chuck, thanks for your input on the fuel system, I really appreciate it, I think I am set on getting a Weldon, the only thing I need to pin down is the "stall" converter. I guess I need to see what guys are running with the same h.p. as what I am hoping to get to. what scares me is I see ppl talking about a 10" and I have always been thinking that I would need the smallest as in an 8" for the lighter weight and mass for the motor to have to torque up as to besides the big turbo or twins, whatever I go with, I also will have a large amount of duration to the cam as well. I know the turbo motor's hate a large duration cam, but I like the rumble they give off that makes 95% of the ppl that hear them think its a V-8. There is about 5 of us up here in Michigan, that run the large duration cams, but I am trying to take the giant step ahead of 'em.lol.

Anyways, thanks again guys for your wise insights!;)

Back