You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pump install help please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BFlat

Stock fuel line is 3/8, return line is 1/4, vent line is 5/16 - correct? Trying to hook up the fuel lines from the Racetronix Gen2 255LPH pump and carrier. The metal tubes on the new pump for both the return line and the vent line are both 5/16. The barbless quick connector for the return line is also 5/16. My sore hands attest to the fact that a 1/4 hose won’t go onto a 5/16 fitting. The return line from the front of the car is 1/4. Unit I’m replacing is stock, and the lines have not been switched. Advice? Thanks.

Is the vapor hose an old hose? A fresh hose might be more stretchable to go over the sending unit pipe. Maybe try hitting it with a heat gun to soften it a little.

Thanks, but the hassle is just with the return line. The factory fuel hoses/lines for the return are 1/4". The fitting on the pump is 5/16".

Metal transition adapter barb and clamps from 1/4" to short 5/16" hose.
Sounds typical for Racetronix.....
$6.50 at Amazon.

Thanks. I went with this. Got it pushed on there as far as it will go & clamped it.
Think it will work - I hope.

Attachments

• Hose 3.jpg
    Hose 3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 34
Stock fuel line is 3/8, return line is 1/4, vent line is 5/16
The logic with the 5/16 return is most likely due to the issues involved with a hipo pump and the 1/4" return line., to begin with.

Back