You can type here any text you want

fuel pumps

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jswmotor

Vicious
Everytime I have installed performance parts on my cars I always have installed everything at the same time like the pump, chip, injectors and tubo etc.. My question is will a TTA or GN run normal on an aftermarket fuel pump like the Walbro 340 with no other changes from stock? Lets say the car has a bad pump someone wants to upgrade to the 340 just in case mods are made later. My guess is that it will be ok.

Yeah the bigger pump will act the same as stock until you turn it up. Edit:Suicide six beat me to it...

Jason

I had this strange thought that the additional pressure might get past a stock regulator to some degree.

Anyway, thank you for the replies.

jswmotor said:
I had this strange thought that the additional pressure might get past a stock regulator to some degree.

Anyway, thank you for the replies.
The bigger pumps only flow more when they need to. They flow the same pressure but can flow more GPH.

JAson

Many of us TR/TTA owners get into trouble changing several things at the same time....Then, if there is a problem, we don't know which modification to look at first. People with a lot of experience here routinely recommend changing one thing at a time, especially when tuning.

Do the fuel pump, then the injectors and chip, then the next modification. Use a scan tool (or fuel pressure guage) in between each modification to prove you've done it right. If you're a master mechanic, maybe you can get by with ten changes at one time, otherwise, go slowly and deliberately. :)

Lee,

I installed a new boost pump on a turbo aircraft and it caused an incorrect running condition in the past. I just remember what ther fix was after several hours of painfull troubleshooting :D

All of my cars have moderate mods except one TTA. I just wanted to make sure if only a aftermarket high volume pump was installed that it would be ok. This forum has some of the best members for support, information and help....even at 2am in the morning I have answers from here quickly.

Thank you all.

I hope I can return the favors with aircraft advise.

Back