You can type here any text you want

Fuel rail schrader T

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
Yesterday I about had a fire and a load of $hit in my pants. Here is the story

I have a power logger, with the power logger I have a transducer. In order for me to be able to keep the transducer in line as well as connect my manual fuel gauge (setting pressure) I used this T. Last month's low pressure fuel issue was due to this T. If you tighten too much....the fuel gets obstructed to the transducer, as well as the manual gauge. It gives little to no pressure, where as....you truly do. So......while car is running hook up manual gauge. Turn on fuel pump...notice if any leaks. If leaks tighten the T. If no leaks leave it a little loose. Check manual gauge....does it read?? no....restart the tighten or loosen process until you see no fuel leak, as well as pressure. Simple right???? Lesson learned...no.

It appears enough vibration....or pressure, heat...etc, made the rail leak ALL over the intake and spray fuel onto the hood liner (thank goodness NOT the new old stock one).

Can you NOT use a T on the rail? I am pretty mechanical and used enough knock around sense....and just cannot get it to be safe and effective.

This why I went with an electric fuel gauge and the adapter that Caspers sells. Luckily you did not have a fire.

Bryan

yes, you live and learn. Just wanted to get a couple others opinion as to success or failure....or why they are even sold??

those Ts are made for refrigeration use , if you want fuel get the correct 4AN fittings and tees from an automotive retailer like earls or summit

Those little brass T's are junk, glad you didn't have a fire. Mine happened to break while I was diagnosing a MAF issue. Search Summit racings website for part # RUS-670343 That's what I'm gonna use for a mechanical hood gauge along with a transducer for the powerlogger

Coach custom makes a set up to solve this problem. It takes all the weight off the schrader valve. I don't think he is on the board much anymore unfortunately.
20150309_161444.jpg
20150309_161536.jpg

Back