Fuel return line question?

D

Darren

I am installing a external SX pump, running #10 fuel line to the stock fuel rail. I have a Kenny Bell fuel pressure regulator. My concern is that the return line size will be to restrictive at idle and at low fuel volumn demand. The car has 72# injectors. I will be using a speed pro unit to control injector pulse.

Also I have seen advertizement for a altinator voltage booster, Is this something you guys would recommend?

Use the stock feed as the return. This woork well on my street car.
Just find the fitting to go into the bottom of the reg and about a foot and a half of braided line. Cut off the fitting that comes out of the frame for the the stock feed line and slip the braided line over it. A couple of hose clamps and call it a day. If you wanted to you could find the fitting to connect to the stock one. I did not and it never leaked or had a problem.

My car had a SX pump 72 lbs injectors and a speed pro as well.

I have a Weldon 2015 with stock return line. Works just fine and maintains the set pressure perfect. I did mine just Like John stated but i also removed the stock fuel filter and put a piece of hose there too.

I think I reversed the dirrection on the filter =)
It has been so long I can not remember.

Originally posted by John Wilde
I think I reversed the dirrection on the filter =)
It has been so long I can not remember.

I thought about that too, but i didnt want any restrictions. This was before i knew better.

Feed line return

Don't forget to take the original pump out of the hanger...:eek:
I'd also run a piece of fuel injection hose from the top tube on the hanger where the pump outlet was connected, to the bottom of the hanger. This will force the fuel to discharge under the surface and reduce the air bubbles created by a splash...:cool:

Chuck,

I have a 1/2 copper pipe/pickup in the stock hanger.
A -10 feedd line is slipped over this and run all the way up
to the motor.
I am not sure which unit I use as a return on the hanger.

Re: Feed line return

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
Don't forget to take the original pump out of the hanger...:eek:
cool:

Yeah, I guess we should have mentioned that ....LOL:D

Thanks Guys,

That was just what I was thinking of doing. I made a 1/2 pick up tube out of copper pipe from Loes, I took out the original 3/8 and hammer the hole bigger with a punch. I put coupling on the bottom to attach the sock to the new pick up tube. I will use the factory feed line as my return line. I will use the orignal return in the hanger. I will modify it on the end where the hose slips over, its crimped a little small there.

Thanks Darren:)