You can type here any text you want

Fuel shut off valve ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KWIKR 1

How many of you guys run a fuel shut off valve between fuel cell and external pump pre-filter ?

Can't say I have seen one on any race car I have seen,injected or carbed.What would be the reason???Thanks

Kevin:D

Can't say I have seen one on any race car I have seen,injected or carbed.What would be the reason???Thanks

Kevin:D

to service the filters or pump without having to drain the fuel cell . also for possible shut off during a emergency or even as a theft deterrent . I'm looking at this one to install right into the inlet of my Weldon -12an pump per-filter .

Attachments

• 546738_L.jpg
    546738_L.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 47
Thanks for the info,we always have the fuel cell drained ,but that is a cool idea.:cool:I have seen them in the summit catalog but in all my trips to the track I have never seen anybody use one.Hurry and get that rocket ship fired;)

Kevin

Thanks for the info,we always have the fuel cell drained ,but that is a cool idea.:cool:I have seen them in the summit catalog but in all my trips to the track I have never seen anybody use one.Hurry and get that rocket ship fired;)

Kevin

Im trying . :D this year is a wash out , just too much still to do . :)

Electric or manual. Shouldn't be too tough to make work. But boy would it kill an external pump if you forgot to turn it back on......

Electric or manual. Shouldn't be too tough to make work. But boy would it kill an external pump if you forgot to turn it back on......

ya..I agree it would fry a pump real quick . the main reason for putting it in or having to have it closed , would be to service pumps/filters . when I first got this car I removed the external pump . i had to drain a 3/4 full fuel cell . not only did I feel it was unsafe doing it in a small enclosed garage but also..It was a PIA . I'm redoing the complete fuel system , so putting a valve in makes alot of sense to me . :)

I did think about a shut-off valve at one time for my fuel cell, but since I want to completely drain it at least twice a year, I decided not to do that.

We have very low humidity most of the year here in the desert, but still find that water still does accumulate in the fuel system. Of course there is a strong possibility that race gas from the supplier can also contain some water?

At one time years ago after a couple seasons of racing, there was enough water in my lines to keep the engine from starting. :eek:

After finding water in other GN's as well, draining the cell periodically has now become a maintaince item. :)

I wouldn't be afraid to use one for a theft ded. first but would be nice for maintenance second would be great.

Back