Fuel system for skylark

frank700

Hi putting a 3.8 into a 72 Skylark. I'm looking for ideas for a fuel system. What kind of tank, pump and line size. Not looking to get carried away or over the top with this setup. Thanks

Hi putting a 3.8 into a 72 Skylark. I'm looking for ideas for a fuel system. What kind of tank, pump and line size. Not looking to get carried away or over the top with this setup. Thanks

The gn tank just may fit.It may be a little taller.The skylark tank is probably wider(no spare tire well) than a gn tank.You could put a fuel cell in it . 3/8 feed and 5/16 return should be fine.Someone on this site has done one I am sure. That is a cool car. good luck

Same question here....I'm dropping my spare 87 IC 3.8 into my 64 Lark.

I currently have an 87 wrecker for parts and I hope to scavenge whatever I can for the transplant.

Spectra Premium sells a replacement tank with a fuel injection pump in the tank. I got mine from rock auto.

I did mine a few years back and went with a Rick's Hot Rods stainless tank with internal pump and baffels for FI. Works and looks terriffic, but costs a fortune.:eek:

Someone on the V8Buick board put a late B-body tank into his 71 Skylark and I'm using the same tank in my Riviera. Downsides are it's kinda tall and you have to becareful about it hitting the floor before the side mount rails. I cut a hole in the trunk floor since I wanted to be able to change the pump without dropping the tank so I didn't mind. I also had to trim the frame a bit but I have an X-frame so things are different. I'll make a pass at looking it up but you should definately poke around over there in general since they are very A-body centric.

when i was going to put the turbo motor in my 67 chevelle the gn tank will fit in it,, so the frame is wider on the 70's models... so it will work... if you looking for a pressure line for the power sterring hose i have 1 already made up if interested... if your useing the gn sterring sector..