Full throttle commander chip

oddfire6

I have the commander chip in my grand national. I can set my peramaters but when I disconnect the battery some go back to the default settings and some go to settings I never programmed. I like this chip but it does me no good like this. Whoever I talked to on the phone said this is the nature of the beast. I also can't get on their website due to the fact I haven't received an email yet confirming I can post on their website. Any advise

ANY chip with programmable parameters will loose it's settings when battery power is lost. I would suggest to you that you shouldn't be disconnecting the battery without very good reason.

I run a Commander in my 87, and an Extender in my 86.

the chip can be modified so that your settings are the defaults. You need to send it in for this mod.

Bob

ANY chip with programmable parameters will loose it's settings when battery power is lost. I would suggest to you that you shouldn't be disconnecting the battery without very good reason.

I run a Commander in my 87, and an Extender in my 86.
My insurance dictates that I disconnect the battery when the vehicle is not in service

the chip can be modified so that your settings are the defaults. You need to send it in for this mod.

Bob
Bob, this is what i need. how do I go about doing this. The guy I talked to this morning didn't know about this option or at least didn't offer it. Thanks

My insurance dictates that I disconnect the battery when the vehicle is not in service

OK, but I've never heard of anything like that!? Not only would I never do something like that, but I hook up battery tenders to my GN's during winter sleep times.