Full Throttle`s 4in pipe w/built in MAF

brian

This part rocks!
When I turned the key I was shocked, excellent idle quality. Took it for a ride, and it spools fantastic!:eek:
Overall, very impressed!!!!! Exceptional driving around, and eliminated my tip in stumble with 55lb Seimans that was driving me nuts! (old low imp injectors)

I did have to do a little bit of fabrication!:rolleyes: (a little cutting was needed) My car is not a "normal" car as the factory passenger header was cut, and a 4 bolt adapter was installed, as well as having a on center d-p. I cut almost 3 inches out of the pipe in total on the turbo side. 1.5 at the turbo, and 1.5 at the weld in the bend. I can now clock the pipe as needed. I have a 8in cone on the end of it.

Thanks to Mike and Bob at Full Throttle for an excellent part.
And, thanks to Marianne for taking my frantic call for the connector I had mis placed! (and not hanging up on me for not knowing what I needed)
The chip is an Extender Extreme, and is fantastic as well!

If you are thinking about getting this, just do it!

Brian Hofer

I'm tickled with mine, too.

Spool-up is MUCH better compared to the 3" intake I had.
I gained 1.5 lbs. of boost as well.

Two thumbs up.

I had considered getting one of these and saw alot of negative posts about them.

I PMed a couple of guys that bought them and they told me that their pipes were on the shelf...never could get them right.

Is there something that Mike figured out to make them work right or is it kinda hit and miss?

I hope the bugs are out because I'd like to own one.

The problem was with the translator itself. There was a part that was out of spec. Full Throttle personally called the 17 owners and said "ship'em back we'll fix it". So the negative feedback you read was about that.

I have had the translator with the 3.5" MAF and the idle would barely ripple a glass of water on the hood. They are worth every penny no matter what set up you get.

There was a problem with translators that Mike sold but to say that is the reason why the pipe did not work for some reason is not correct.

Mike said the probelm was with translators between 8/14 and 8/17. They were selling units these at BG.
I just want know if the problem people were having has been fixed

I am not giving up on my pipe yet! I have several things possibly bad. My TP box has a burned resistor. The question is what else did I burn up. I sent the TP box, Extender chip and modded computer back to Mike to have them look over everything and to see if it can be repaired.

Brian,

Is this the "trans Test Car" that you had at the meet on woodward? Or the other one you had last year?

(if I hit the mega millions tonight I am calling you for a tranny)

Mike

Brian,

Is this the "trans Test Car" that you had at the meet on woodward? Or the other one you had last year?

(if I hit the mega millions tonight I am calling you for a tranny)

Mike,
It is the blue car this is installed on. (trans test car)
Made a VERY NOTICEABLE driveability and spoolup difference. The car had the stock maf on it before this, and it was truely like night and day!
Tomorrow or Sunday, I am going to install this on the silver car and try it out. That car already has a 3in maf and translator, but the 4in maf pipe is nice.

You don`t need to win the lotto. I can do your core for a good price! :wink:

Brian

I am not giving up on my pipe yet! I have several things possibly bad. My TP box has a burned resistor. The question is what else did I burn up. I sent the TP box, Extender chip and modded computer back to Mike to have them look over everything and to see if it can be repaired.

Also, I am using the old Translator +.
I do not know if this was the deciding factor....
But, I do have the 6.25 translator chip in mine. And an Extender Extreme chip.

Brian