You can type here any text you want

Full Throttle Sway Bar?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikebart101

I just installed the 1-3/8" rear sway bar from full throttle and I am concerned about my rear end. Whenever I take a corner that has a bump in it, the rear end makes a horrible clank/knock noise. I have lower hotchkis control arms and I think the rear is too stiff now. I think one tire is coming off the ground and then slaming back down on uneven corners. The rear never did this b4 until I installed this bar. Please let me know if I am ruining the car. :mad:

How many miles on the car? What mods/improvements have been made on the suspension? How many miles on the suspension improvements? What kind of condition is the car in general?

I doubt that a tire is coming off the ground. Chances are the bar is jitting something. Rear end, exhaust, or ? take a look under the car and see if you can see some makes. Jack up the car and put a cinder block under one tire and SLOWLY let it down to compress the suspension. see if it hits then. Lowering a car changes everything as far as fit goes. we can help you figure it out
Mike

I think you re supposed to retorque the bolts with the cars weight on it (like on car ramps )after 100 miles. may help.

I have no idea what could be binding/rubbing. I have lower hotchkis control arms and stock uppers, bilstein shocks. The car is not lowered, the exhaust is nowhere near the swaybar. I think it might possibly be rubbing on the lower control arm mount. Maybe its the stock uppers flexing/binding somehow. Any ideas?

mikebart101 said:
I have no idea what could be binding/rubbing. I have lower hotchkis control arms and stock uppers, bilstein shocks. The car is not lowered, the exhaust is nowhere near the swaybar. I think it might possibly be rubbing on the lower control arm mount. Maybe its the stock uppers flexing/binding somehow. Any ideas?
---------------------------------------
If something is rubbing on the lower control mount, you should be able to see rub marks somewhere. Might want to take a good look at the bushings in the stock upper for any possible binding. I would say that the stock uppers are not going to hold up very long, or they are not holding up now. Sounds like you will be doing new uppers very shortly. It sounds like the lack of strength of the factory uppers are flexing due to the strength of the Full Throttle rear sway bar coupled with the hotchkis lowers. I would bet that new after market uppers or boxing the factory uppers will make all well again. Just my thoughts. HTH.

Those big sway bars must be kept really tight. Even when you think they are , they move just a bit. Just re tighten with the rear suspension loaded.Should be fine after that.

Back