You can type here any text you want

Fuseable link in the alternator charge wire?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Joe 1320

Torqueus Maximus
The battery wasn't charging yesterday, thought it was a bad alternator but turns out that the alternator charge wire came apart. Upon closer examination, the wire failed about a foot and a half down from the alternator as it made a turn to go under the engine. Upon even closer examination, it looked like this was a possible fuseable link or a previously spliced connection that corroded. Is there supposed to be a fuseable link in that location?

Replace flimsy #10 wire with #4 & you'll be glad you did.

Many posts about this - do a search.

Replace flimsy #10 wire with #4 & you'll be glad you did.

Many posts about this - do a search.

Actually, mine was already 8 gauge and the auto parts store didn't have any replacement so I ran two 10 gauge wires in parallel. I think that should be suffecient.

I currently have the stock 8 gauge wire on my alternator but was wondering if I could just run a 10 gauge wire along with the 8 gauge back to the battery?..Would that hurt it at all?

fuseible link

Call John at Caspers electronic and get the postive battery extender kit with a 4 guage wire going from junction box to back of alternater its a great upgrade you can hear the fuel pump humming a sweet tune worth the $92 bucks:D

You mean the fusible link extender kit with junction box?... I have that kit and it makes changing fusible links a blast...The wire that runs to the alternator is still 8 gauge though...not 4 gauge...unless you are talking about a different kit

fuseible links

Just tell John at Caspers you want a 4 guauge wite going from the junction box to the alt he will make for you! I know bigger isnt always better but in this case it is:biggrin:

Back