You can type here any text you want

Fusible links by starter melted on header, Are they available anywhere?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BetMinesFaster

Turbo LSX Trader
Hey guys, Another problem I found with the car is that the fusible links at the starter are damaged by the header, Is there a replacment link kit available? I would have to imagine this is common when people do not pay attention to the details like the previous owner of the car? Thanks, Ryan

Hey guys, Another problem I found with the car is that the fusible links at the starter are damaged by the header, Is there a replacment link kit available? I would have to imagine this is common when people do not pay attention to the details like the previous owner of the car? Thanks, Ryan

Actually, Caspers Electronics sells a relocation kit for them. Moves them up onto the passenger side inner fender well where they can be reached/replaced much easier.

Click on my photo gallery, open my gn album and you'll find a couple pictures in there showing this relocation kit with a red jbox mounted near the overflow tank.

Well ....

worth it, not to mention, you won't have to crawl under the car at the most inconvenient times.:biggrin:

I forgot to ask if this kit from caspers comes with new fusible links also since the ones on the car have been destroyed!?!?

I had the same problem a few months ago and made my own re-location kit outta a fuse box from a 90's E-250 van. Total it cost me about $9 and 2 hours of my time. Fuses are now in their own sealed box located right next to the overflow tank. I also ran my ECM power wire thru that box as well. I dont have any pics at the moment but could get some if anyone is interested. Hell of alot easier to get to if you ever have a problem.

I love pictures! Post some, always interested in new stuff! You could have pioneered some breakthrough there! Could be an easy money deal, like caspers kit...

Back