Fusible links by starter melted on header, Are they available anywhere?

BetMinesFaster

Turbo LSX Trader
Hey guys, Another problem I found with the car is that the fusible links at the starter are damaged by the header, Is there a replacment link kit available? I would have to imagine this is common when people do not pay attention to the details like the previous owner of the car? Thanks, Ryan

Hey guys, Another problem I found with the car is that the fusible links at the starter are damaged by the header, Is there a replacment link kit available? I would have to imagine this is common when people do not pay attention to the details like the previous owner of the car? Thanks, Ryan

Actually, Caspers Electronics sells a relocation kit for them. Moves them up onto the passenger side inner fender well where they can be reached/replaced much easier.

Click on my photo gallery, open my gn album and you'll find a couple pictures in there showing this relocation kit with a red jbox mounted near the overflow tank.

Well ....

worth it, not to mention, you won't have to crawl under the car at the most inconvenient times.:biggrin:

I forgot to ask if this kit from caspers comes with new fusible links also since the ones on the car have been destroyed!?!?

I had the same problem a few months ago and made my own re-location kit outta a fuse box from a 90's E-250 van. Total it cost me about $9 and 2 hours of my time. Fuses are now in their own sealed box located right next to the overflow tank. I also ran my ECM power wire thru that box as well. I dont have any pics at the moment but could get some if anyone is interested. Hell of alot easier to get to if you ever have a problem.

I love pictures! Post some, always interested in new stuff! You could have pioneered some breakthrough there! Could be an easy money deal, like caspers kit...