G Body ported elbow problems....

Rich Gio

You'll need a bigger Hemi
I just had Stage 1 performance in Pompton plains NJ install my new GSCA Hedman headers. (They fit well and look great, BTW.) While they were doing this I asked them to install the ported turbo elbow that I had purchased from Brian at Gbody. I was told that it did not fit because it had been ported too big and the stock downpipe would not seal. Anyone else have an issue with this? Am I missing something?

Shoot me a pic of what you recieved. I had a new guy port the last batch. He may have got a little crazy. Bweavy@aol.com
Did they use a new Metal & lead doughnut gasket? Once installed Unless it was opened really crazy there should be no leaks. That seats up inside the housing. then the down pipe to that.

I just had Stage 1 performance in Pompton plains NJ install my new GSCA Hedman headers. (They fit well and look great, BTW.) While they were doing this I asked them to install the ported turbo elbow that I had purchased from Brian at Gbody. I was told that it did not fit because it had been ported too big and the stock downpipe would not seal. Anyone else have an issue with this? Am I missing something?
I worked at Precision Porting the turbine housings and the elbows in the past. I now work for G body Parts and I do the porting on the wastegate holes and the elbows. I might get a little crazy to make everything line right up but I do not get that crazy. Possibly you are missing this?
Turbo Down pipe Elbow Exhaust Donut gasket seal here is is a link to it on our website with a picture. http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1094&osCsid=91ebcfb298cd1ddd19fc5711e31931b8

I hope this solves your problem.

I planned on talking to Brian today. I've bought quite a few things from Gbody and never had a problem. I wanted to make sure it was not something Stage 1 (or I) missed since this is the first time I've dealt with him.