You can type here any text you want

G-Force transmission

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
Can someone explain to me how this transmission works? The write up on it states "The G-101 is primarily used for drag racing only, but can also be used in street/strip vehicles". Does it require a clutch? Does it function like a TH400 or does it function like a Liberty? Here is the link: G-Force Transmissions and Long Shifters

A liberty is usually pro shifted with welded on dog rings and machined sliders for drag racing. The G-force race transmissions are usually face engagement for drag racing but some can be had with regular synchro assemblies for street use. That one in the link is a bad a$$ unit. G-force has some top notch manual stuff. It will require a clutch for street use and launching at the strip. If face engagement is used it can be shifted without the clutch at wot but is a lot easier if the clutch is hit a little on shifts.

So does it function like a TH400 if the non clutch version is used? I think Anderson had a Liberty and I realize those cant be shifted back to a lower gear until one stops or completely slows down so it obviously has no street usage. Im still a little fuzzy on how this unit works without a clutch.

Some of their units state that they can be used for road racing so im assuming they can be downshifted. Can this unit be downshifted while on the move?

Back