Garage painting ideas

ez at nova

I hate rice
My new garage is going to be finished soon, and I already did a light gray U-CoatIt epoxy floor. I'm trying to gather ideas for the walls other than just plain white. I'm shying away from "GN or WRX themed" paint because then it would look dumb for the next owner of the house. So far I've thought of doing a thin (2") red or blue stripe around the middle, and maybe some light gray on the bottom portion of the walls.
Anyone have some ideas or recommendations from nice garages you've seen or have done yourself?

I think the gray bottom, red 4" middle stip (chair rail), and white top would look good.

Ross

How about this:

--Dark red bottom
--Checkered flag middle strip
--White or light grey top

I'm redoing my garage soon, so this is on my mind too!

I'm liking the checkered stripe idea!, however, it seems like it would be a MAJOR pain in the a$$ to do around a length of 72 feet! As far as the dark red bottom, I love the way that sounds, but I am hesitant to go with any dark colors due to the fact that they would absorb lots of light, not brighten the area. If there is some 4 or 5" wide checkered flag stencil, I may go with that.

FOUND THESE

This looks sweet, and it's the perfect width. it's not super long, so it would require a lot of untaping and retaping it. I like the "waveyness" but do you think it would be too dizzying going all the way around like that?

https://www.trust1.com/commerce/index.asp?merchant=BikerBedding&product=RACINGBORDERSTENCIL10147

These two are borders. I think they might look best all the way up at the top where they wouldn't get dirty or messed up. I ordered free samples of them both :)

http://www.lelandswallpaper.com/images/bigbord674.jpg

http://www.lelandswallpaper.com/images/bigbord1260.jpg

When I saw the topic I thought you meant painting a car in the garage. Been there, done that. Take it to the booth next time. Although the car turned out pretty nice.

Those stencils are pretty cool, especially the flame one. But it looks like that could get expensive in a hurry if you have to buy that stuff by the foot or by the 15" piece.

What I was thinking was making my own "checkered flag" template out of cardboard. Just cut some squares out of a cardboard strip to make the right pattern, press it up against the wall, hit it with spray paint, and continue around the garage to make the border.

You have a point about the red bottom color absorbing light. Hadn't thought of that. Maybe I'll think about a lighter shade of red.

Ask for your wife's input. Maybe a nice mauve or taupe (whatever that means). After all, she is putting her car there also. lmao, Dude, do what ever ya want, Since men have lost control of their own crappers, the garage is our only domain in our own home. Mark :D :D :D

The borders are roughly a dollar a foot...not TOO too bad... I doubt I'd do the wall above the garage door, so we're talking 72 feet.

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Ask for your wife's input. Maybe a nice mauve or taupe (whatever that means). After all, she is putting her car there also. lmao, Dude, do what ever ya want, Since men have lost control of their own crappers, the garage is our only domain in our own home. Mark :D :D :D

HEY NOW, I will proudly be populating BOTH bays of the garage with the WRX and the GN. The wife's Jeep is SUPPOSED to be dirty, so it stays outside! (Yes, I'm actually getting away with this) :p