Gathering in Roanoke, VA Sat. July 30th

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
OK, I'm going to throw this out there. Hope some of the Southern VA guys could chime in on where we can meet. Maybe we could get together somewhere near the airport in Roanoke or some thing like that. Any takers??

Of course the next actual buick get together will be on June 26th at Farmington Motorsports Park. I have talked with a few people and have decided to come up with 2 "unique" classes. 1st is a turbo regal only 8.99 bracket race. It will be on a pro tree and the breakout is 8.99 which means no matter how fast your car is you can't run faster than 8.99 or you lose. Thats simple enough huh. 2nd is called "TAG TEAM" and is open to any street car, this is the cool one: 2 drivers are in the car, you leave the starting line and stop the car at the 60ft clocks, then the 2 people get out of the car and run around it, driver then becomes the passanger and passanger then becomes the driver, thus completing the run. This is a Dial-In class. The fastest thing in the class will most likely be somewhere in the 15 second range. This is a very fun class. Hope to see ya there.;) ;) ;)

Clint,

I have someone wanting to bring their '02 supercharged H-D F-150 to the Farmington event. Will he be able to test-n-tune that day?

K.

Originally posted by sydwyndr
OK, I'm going to throw this out there. Hope some of the Southern VA guys could chime in on where we can meet. Maybe we could get together somewhere near the airport in Roanoke or some thing like that. Any takers??

I'd be in for that if we can get together with some of the people from VA and organize a track rental day with them. Kind of far for us to go just fore dinner and some cruising.

K.

Re: Re: Gathering in Roanoke, VA Sat. July 30th

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
I'd be in for that if we can get together with some of the people from VA and organize a track rental day with them. Kind of far for us to go just fore dinner and some cruising.

K.

:mad: So what YOU are saying is that all further meetings need to happen in Harrisburg??:D I figure the one after this needs to be in Pineville or Charlotte.

BTW. You are normally a passanger anyway so what do you care??:rolleyes: :cool:

Re: Re: Re: Gathering in Roanoke, VA Sat. July 30th

BTW. You are normally a passanger anyway so what do you care??:rolleyes: :cool:

Ouchhhh, that hurts. If you remember I drove mine to the Raleigh gathering. But you are the man for driving yours this past weekend and actually giving it some tps when you left the parking lot. :D

K.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gathering in Roanoke, VA Sat. July 30th

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
Ouchhhh, that hurts. If you remember I drove mine to the Raleigh gathering. But you are the man for driving yours this past weekend and actually giving it some tps when you left the parking lot. :D

K.

I know. Won't spin the tires tho:(

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gathering in Roanoke, VA Sat. July 30th

I know. Won't spin the tires tho:(

That's cause all that fuel being dumped in the cylinders has the car running too cool and can't spool up the turbo quick enough. Lean out the bottom of the fuel curve and I bet it will.

K.

??????????

Not a single reply from anyone from VA:confused: :confused:

I guess it is back to raleigh.

Slider, where are you. Put it together! You go girl!!

I am working 60hour weeks with days off that are not together, have to wait til my schedule lightens up before i go road tripping. However, I think with all the OT I am going to have the $$ to attempt to get her running at the begining of next month.:)