You can type here any text you want

Gauge pods..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Was looking for a 3 ga pod. Found 1 online at Lo TeK., in NC. Bout $50.
After seeing some shitty reviews about some of the pods and the bad fit, I thot...Give it a try, anyway. I mite get lucky....:facepalm:
The naysayers were right! This thing is a TOTAL POS.:poop:

Save the coins, and find something else for the gauges.....:arghh:

Oh ya, they got a shitty email.....:smuggrin:

I had a lotek 3 gauge pod for years, no problem. Last year I ditched it in favor of a GNS 3 gauge pod that mounts over the radioe a/c vent in the middle. Much better there I think, less ricey.
IMG_3707.jpg

LOL, that happened to me too. I thought, how bad could it be? It was THAT bad. I tried softening it in the oven just a little to bend it and make it fit better, it melted like butter in about 10 seconds. Doh!

I used to have a Kirban 2-gauge pod on the windshield post (which I was very pleased with) but I had to remove it when I had a roll cage installed in the car. :( So I found a used GNS 4-gauge console pod, had it powder coated grey and installed the two gauges that were on the post plus the other two that were already in another Kirban console two-gauge holder. Now I have four in the console which is perfect to check what's going on under the hood when driving on the street but at the track, I don't have time to look at any gauge, I'm looking where I'm going! :D
Here's a pic of what it looks like now…

Claude. :)

DSCN3233.JPG DSCN3234.JPG

I used to have a Kirban 2-gauge pod on the windshield post (which I was very pleased with) but I had to remove it when I had a roll cage installed in the car. :( So I found a used GNS 4-gauge console pod, had it powder coated grey and installed the two gauges that were on the post plus the other two that were already in another Kirban console two-gauge holder. Now I have four in the console which is perfect to check what's going on under the hood when driving on the street but at the track, I don't have time to look at any gauge, I'm looking where I'm going! :D
Here's a pic of what it looks like now…

Claude. :)

View attachment 260608 View attachment 260609

Claude, that looks nice! I think I'll make a 3 hole'r. Got the tools, now to find the time!:smuggrin:
FWIW, I got a reply to my email...All the reasons it fit/looked like Fidosazz...Sent me a 40% refund, told me to see what I can do w/ it.

I have the Speed Hut gauges w/ the warning systems in them. Hopefully, that will lessen the need to eyeball them at 150!

I use the gauges to look at when I'm bored driving my 10 sec street car hundreds of miles, and to verify what my powerlogger says.

On the A-pillar, I used a kirban 2 gauge pod for two 2-1/16" gauges and I added a third for a 2-5/8" tach. But it don't come that way so I made the third out of an old leaf blower tube.

076.JPG

A console pod was used upside down on the headliner above the rear view mirror.

080.JPG

I made the dash right side pod myself by molding it in clay, casting it in a box of plaster, peeling it out, and layering fiberglass to form it.

079.JPG

The radio area is filled with all kinds of stuff I had to make my self. Including idiot lights to match the factory set-upon dash the cluster.

078.JPG

The list goes on. I didn't create my interior in one swift design idea. It grew organically as needed. But I always try to keep the stuff I add in context with what was there before. If I upgrade my cage like Claude did, (and I should) I'll be doing all this crap over again.

On the A-pillar, I used a kirban 2 gauge pod for two 2-1/16" gauges and I added a third for a 2-5/8" tach. But it don't come that way so I made the third out of an old leaf blower tube.

View attachment 260613

A console pod was used upside down on the headliner above the rear view mirror.

View attachment 260616

I made the dash right side pod myself by molding it in clay, casting it in a box of plaster, peeling it out, and layering fiberglass to form it.

View attachment 260614

The radio area is filled with all kinds of stuff I had to make my self. Including idiot lights to match the factory set-upon dash the cluster.

View attachment 260617
badass stuff

The list goes on. I didn't create my interior in one swift design idea. It grew organically as needed. But I always try to keep the stuff I add in context with what was there before. If I upgrade my cage like Claude did, (and I should) I'll be doing all this crap over again.

Looks nice NYtwinturbo.

What year is your car, those seats look like 84 seats but with covers?

The gauges to the right of the dash look nice

My car was an 85 with a bench seat. Later it was converted to an 87 set-up. Then it was converted to a stage twin turbo set-up. Then it was converted to the lear interior with a console, then it was upholstered in all black with grey piping ...........next week who knows? Maybe a space ship with freeking lasers beams and a flux capacitor to travel to warp speed.
image-jpg.244081

Here's a few more for the overall view.

image-jpg.244083

image-jpg.244086

Joey always loved the interior.i forgot have of the cockpit custom gauges and pods .You need to come over

Joey always loved the interior.i forgot have of the cockpit custom gauges and pods .You need to come over
My brother from a different mother!!!!!
I think I'll be on Long Island this Sunday! We have a company picnic to go to. I may even take the Buick.
I'll try to call you today or tonight.

Nice Joey, Ive seen your car dozens of times in person and I keep finding something new..lol

Love the Meth info on the cluster...

Nice Joey, Ive seen your car dozens of times in person and I keep finding something new..lol

Love the Meth info on the cluster...
Yep, I had Mark Hoffman do that for me a while back. I doubt he remembers. I'm glad you noticed. Some of the small things I do only seem to satisfy my obsession.
I even painted the needles on the factory cluster red to match the Autometer gauges. No one ever noticed that.

I had a lotek 3 gauge pod for years, no problem. Last year I ditched it in favor of a GNS 3 gauge pod that mounts over the radioe a/c vent in the middle. Much better there I think, less ricey.

I really like that design...I like that it's more at eye-level than the ones mounted at the front of the console. I checked it out on their website, but how does it mount? I admit I'm not huge on A-pillar gauges, I agree that it's too ricey.

I really like that design...I like that it's more at eye-level than the ones mounted at the front of the console. I checked it out on their website, but how does it mount? I admit I'm not huge on A-pillar gauges, I agree that it's too ricey.

Easy to mount, just take the trim off the dash and the dash pad surround. Just some screws and clips and such. Then screw the mount to the metal, then put it all back together. I ran all the wires behind the surround while it was out. You can also run the wires under too, but you'll see them.

I've seen my friend Joey's car numerous times, and every time I look at it, I find something new! :D…but everything is so well done that to an untrained eye some of the mods look "factory" installed, very tastefully done! (y) Love your car Joey! ;)

and
I like that it's more at eye-level than the ones mounted at the front of the console.
Like I said in my previous post, I mounted mine on the console just for street driving. At the track, when running in the 9's, things go by so fast that you don't have time to look at any gauge A-pillar or console, you look where you're going. My FAST XFI records each run I make and when I get back in the pit, I plug my laptop in and I can see everything that happened under the hood during the run allowing me to do a few adjustments or corrections if needed before the next run, so I don't really pay attention to the gauges at the track.

Claude.

I've seen my friend Joey's car numerous times, and every time I look at it, I find something new! :D…but everything is so well done that to an untrained eye some of the mods look "factory" installed, very tastefully done! (y) Love your car Joey! ;)

and

Like I said in my previous post, I mounted mine on the console just for street driving.

My post wasn't aimed at anyone specific, I've seen lots of people put gauges on their consoles. I only ever do street driving currently and regardless, I prefer them more at eye level. You've done a nice job powdercoating and installing yours, it's just not my preference to mount gauges there. YMMV. :)

Back