You can type here any text you want

Gauging interest in 4" intake pipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

I have a BMR custom made 4" aluminum intake pipe, with an integral cobalt ss maf on the underside of the pipe. Calibrations were made by Bob Bailey. I had this pipe hard anodized black, then I sprayed it flat black over top of that. (I'm sick of scratches making my intake pipe look like crap, so I went all out)
This is really a nice piece, and a clean look for anyone wanting a super free flowing intake tube.
My goal was to be as stock looking as possible, and this tube will totally blow my cover. (I don't know what I was thinking) Not only is it too big and scary looking, but it appears as if I'm not running a maf, which alludes to a really suped up speed density car, and that's just the opposite of what I'm trying to do. (I'm a street racer, and plan on making money with my car) If I'm made to pop my hood before a race, and someone that knows buicks sees this tube, I'm afraid that it will scare people off.
Total price, with shipping, anodization, & silicone reducer, was 327 dollars. This is just a "gauging interest" thread.
Does this piece sound like something any of you would want?

My pipe... Though I just found out that the guy who made this, doesn't work at Big wood anymore... So I'm guessing that I may need to keep this, as I'm not sure I could get a 3" replacement now. :(

hello people; IMO a 4" pipe is to big for a car that's not a race car although the thoughts of more air is there for me also. I believe it's Dailey Driver or something like that is the mans name who worked for BWR. I'am still wanting some sort of intake and I'am still in the (open for chioce) zone. I'am thinking 3.5 with the same size MAF. Speaking of MAF do you know they changed the design and are going to be all plastic now. I don't know if it's a price thing but alum. under the hood is going to heat up and I wonder if that was the cause for change. But if I had that 4" I'd keep it but if Cobault MAF acted up you'd have to get another one and calibrate it all over again.
Sounds like a pain.
IBBY

we used to sell that for under $200, worked well but the demand for this was just too small to justify mass production. As far as the sensor change they updated the design internaly and plastic was used, this was not an option for the original design. If the cobalt maf fails just but another on no recal needed, same sensor in MANY new gm cars including camaro and ZO6
Mike

hello people; Mike Licht how do you know what MAF would work with our cars? Now the man who started this thread had his calibratated and I've heard this has to be done from more than one.
Now I have to go to your site and see what you have to offer.
thanks
IBBY
Hello again; I did go to your site and I've asked before on that site but how about a pic of your intake installed in a car.

hello people; Mike Licht how do you know what MAF would work with our cars? Now the man who started this thread had his calibratated and I've heard this has to be done from more than one.
Now I have to go to your site and see what you have to offer.
thanks
IBBY
Hello again; I did go to your site and I've asked before on that site but how about a pic of your intake installed in a car.

Well, I was told it needed to be calibrated, because the pipe it's in is larger than the engineers designed it to be in. So she ran a little rough, until bob bailey changed some stuff around in it. I don't know, I'm just repeating what I was told. The main reason I went with this, was to help in spool up. Though, after I did a little more research, I got to understand, that the TA61, wasn't that bad of a spooler to begin with. So now, I have this tube, that will potentially scare people away from racing me lol. Ahh we'll see. I have a long time to sell it.

I'll probably buy a black 3 incher with a z06 maf sometime, and call it a day. Who knows.

the combo of pipe/sensor needs to be caled as a unit as it effectivly becomes a giant MAF sensor. We did a cal for the original pipe that we made and Bob tweaked it for the BWR pipe
ML

hello people; Now I don't get it. First cal. was done. Second cal. not needed third cal. to pipe. When I do make a move I'am going to get what is suppose to work with my combo. But it's still unclear if a cal. is needed. I guess all MAF are cal. to a known pipe and that's how it works so if you get a MAF from a new car you have to cal. to your setup.
IBBY

I am refering to the new gm sensors that are of a blade style that drop into a pipe. If you are going to make someting like that it is goign to need some tuning. A MAFT GenII has all the tuning ability you need to make that work. The setting for our old 4" pipe with sensor wil be close. The regular sensors do not need and new "cal"

Back