You can type here any text you want

Gear drive indexing marks to install cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
My milidon gear drive doesn't have any marks on the sprockets for indexing it when installing the cam. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Also, do any of the mounting bolts need drilled through the center to provide oiling for the gears?

To use this with a PTE (odd fire blank) roller cam, it appears that everything else bolts on just like the chain would. Is this correct?

How does the torrington bearing get oiled?

TIA,

Roger

Originally posted by Nashty
My milidon gear drive doesn't have any marks on the sprockets for indexing it when installing the cam. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Also, do any of the mounting bolts need drilled through the center to provide oiling for the gears?

To use this with a PTE (odd fire blank) roller cam, it appears that everything else bolts on just like the chain would. Is this correct?

How does the torrington bearing get oiled?

TIA,

Roger

I really can't help you on the alingment of the gears if there are no indexing marks, but I can help you on one of my oiling tricks. I usually take a little triangular file and gently cut a very small grove in the front cam bearing from the oil hole to the front edge of the cam bearing. this doesn't need to be very deep at all, just about .010" I have done this for years on every engine I build, and it works great, just debur after you grove lightly with a piece of very fine scotchbrite. Good luck, Drew

If I remember correctly, The Milodon website has instructions for the gear drive kit on how to install and time the set properly.

Here is a link:

milodon

I got the Mildon instruction sheet. You want me to make a copy and mail it to you? You little fricken snapper head.

Jason

No thanks bean sprout, I downloaded it. I also talked to the pres. of the company about the Buick GD.

Do your gear drives have the bushing that is has a threaded hole in it for the upper mounting bolts? Mine didn't and the torrington bearing was a little tired looking. I ordered them and was all set to install it. Then I noticed tha back of the cam gear was CRACKED !!! The sad part is it was scotchbrited over the area so the person I bought it from knew it was junk.

Buying a few parts would have been acceptable but not a new cam gear. I'm just going with the chain since it's all here and paid for. I'll give you my GD if you want the rest of it for parts (although I'm ready to sh!tcan it).

You don't have to oil it, it gets enough from the mist to suffice he said. He also said it controlled front to rear cam walk. I can see the backwards into the block motion being controlled but I still see no way for it to prevent the cam from walking forward.

Back