You can type here any text you want

Geico - great commercials but how is there service?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Looking at cutting expenses, love the Geico commericals but how are they service wise? Looks like they will save me about $80 a month but they only offer policies for 6 months. Do they pull you in and then when you go to renew 6 months down the road jack up the prices? Any users on here??

They don't raise the prices on you, but I have heard if you have a claim (I never have) it can be a real pain to get any money from them. Being so cheap, they have to cut costs too. You pay for what you get. My advice would be drive carefully and shoot anyone you hit!

I've had them for 6yrs now... never any issues. They JUST raised my rates (first time in 6yrs), cause of INS fees here in FL(FL congress allowed it).

I've filed claims before (windshield cracked), and they handled it quickly with no issues at all.

Don't know about serious claims like accidents/injuries... but I've been nothing but pleased with them.

I pay monthly, and even after missing a few payment dates during an enrollment period... they never said a word. Try that with Allstate, and they'll demand the next 6months in advance.

I also carry higher than "basic" coverages... and my rates were still cheaper than Allstates basic crap... LOL.

I got their extended warranty thing when we bought the wifes new van. Coverd her to 75K, about to test it when the CE light comes back on for the 02 sensor... damn Autozone rep cleared the code when she scanned it, and it hasn't been back on.. LOL.

I have them for a few cars. They have been fantastic on the customer service end of things. Always easy to get on the phone and very helpful.

I have them for a few cars. They have been fantastic on the customer service end of things. Always easy to get on the phone and very helpful.

>>> Do they cover getting hit by a school bus or burnouts in front of nuns?

i had them for a few years, and i got sick of them jacking up my rates every time my policy came up for renewal every 6 months. i have no tickets and no accidents, and yet my rates got higher and higher every month... and sometimes they'd decide to randomly change what day of the month the payment was due by a couple of weeks so they could charge a late fee.
i love the commercials and all that, but i simply got sick of paying more for no real reason when insurance rates are supposed to go down if you behave and don't make any claims after being a paying customer for a few years.

I really can't stand their commercials anymore. Think I can tolerate more 'Flo' commercials from Progressive before I see another Geico series.

I do use Progressive on my motorcycles and have been very happy so far. They had cheaper rates on bikes for me than Geico.

When we get a surcharge our insurance goes up. Well, the Insurance companies get a percentage of that surcharge. I read once that Geico gives away 50 to 100 radar guns to random police departments free every year just on that chance that the person getting the ticket is one of their customers and they make money.

I don't know how much truth there is to that but that is a douche thing to do.

D

When we get a surcharge our insurance goes up. Well, the Insurance companies get a percentage of that surcharge. I read once that Geico gives away 50 to 100 radar guns to random police departments free every year just on that chance that the person getting the ticket is one of their customers and they make money.

I don't know how much truth there is to that but that is a douche thing to do.

D

GEICO is a part of the Berkshire-Hathaway empire- which is controlled by Warren Buffet.. he is one of the richest men in the world, and you don't get to be that freakin rich by being totally ethical and honest..

I had Allstate on 3 daily drivers for 25 plus years and when I switched to GEICO it was almost 1800 a year they saved me! I switched to GEICO on my one property as well. They don't seem to do to well with hooking you up for doing home and car discounts, but I need to put a claim in at the one property with GEICO and the public adjuster asked me what insurance I have and when I told him GEICO he said they are cheap but a good company to deal with and it should be no problem. My other property still has Allstate on it and I also need to put a claim in on that property with another issue and the public adjuster said I'm screwed and in for a major battle with Allstate! Not good when you hear that from a public adjuster! I put one hit and run claim in with GEICO on my Highlander and they fixed it no problem. My body shop was very happy with what they wrote. He even asked me if I paid the adjuster off! So I would use GEICO for sure.

They don't pay for OEM parts replacement...

I have had GEICO for a few years. They don't raise the rates too much, maybe a few $ a month over the past 3 years. Had one accident this past April with wife's '09 Grand Cherokee. The price they gave to repair the car included mostly aftermarket parts, which I questioned them on and they did not budge. I guess that is how they are cheaper. The shop told me other companies like State Farm may cost more, but they cover OEM parts costs. Something you may want to ask them about before you sign up.

Also we believe the other driver was at fault, but we still had to pay $500 deductible and they told us it would take a months to investigate, and if other driver was at fault they would collect the money from their company and reimburse us for deductible. It's been over 6 months and that has not happened yet. This reminds me to give them a call!

I have not had them, but the neighbors grandson backed out of thier driveway & hit a car I owned. They had GIECO and I was amazed at how nice they were to me and getting my car fixed. Gave me a rental & the body shop needed a little more money for blending and the adjuster agreed.

I thought wow my own insurance company (PROGRESSIVE) didn't do this for my wife when a car cut her off and we went thru progressive rather than the guy's insurance co. They put on a cheap wavy hood looked horrible. You really do pay for what you get. Sometimes saving money = bad service.

Oh Check out AAA insurance. Saved me a bundle as I used them for Home, & auto, no claims so far so I am not sure how they are.

Just an update, I DID switch to them and apples to apples coverage saving $400 a year, will see what happens in 6 months when policy has to be renewed. Looking at their property insurance affiliate and they can save me $200 a year so will end up switching that too.

Back