You can type here any text you want

gen 7 distributor strategy/ errors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I have been running into cam sync error#72 connected to a msd distributor The dfi is connected + to the orange wire and - to the purple wire on the distributor to the cam sync + ,- inputs. I am using #22 awg shield cable and one end is grounded at the ecu.

The cam sync settings are for bipolar pulse, and falling signal. At 3900 the misfires @ 5 psi boost. What could be the problem? DO i have it connected wrong? Wrong settings? Or do i have to use the buick gn strategy?

I have been running into cam sync error#72 connected to a msd distributor The dfi is connected + to the orange wire and - to the purple wire on the distributor to the cam sync + ,- inputs. I am using #22 awg shield cable and one end is grounded at the ecu.

The cam sync settings are for bipolar pulse, and falling signal. At 3900 the misfires @ 5 psi boost. What could be the problem? DO i have it connected wrong? Wrong settings? Or do i have to use the buick gn strategy?

If you had this set up already and running and now have an issue it is likely your set screw is loose or the cam pickup is not set correctly @ 70*. Yes cam sync is bipolar and falling. You have something in wrong or wired wrong. Did you have the distributor out?

Checked the wiring many times seems fine. Yes, i have it out now, ohms out to 600 ohms. and .8 volts ac while cranking with a voltmeter connected to the pickup.

No the set screw was tight and its sitting at 60 degrees, whats the reason for 70 degrees?

Back