You can type here any text you want

GEN 7 on GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

steve hughes

Anybody running a gen 7 dfi on a GN? Did you use the harness that came with the dfi? How does it fit? Any mods needed to be done to it? Thanks

Lonnie Diers...the same gentleman that built your transmission...is running the Accel DFI Gen 7+ system, and is not far from you.

HTH :)

ACCEL DFI Gen 7+

Lonnie did a nice write-up after putting one on a Customer's and/or Friend's car, remarking how easy & straightforward
everything went on the Gen 7 installation & set-up.

So, whenever you're ready, you've got Lonnie nearby to help.

If you're going to Bowling Green, you can see some up close! :)

I helped with the install and tune on a mustang. Yes very nice set up for sure installation was a breeze. The Buick Gen7 harness is another story. This harness could not be further off if it was made for a Mercedes Turbo Diesel. After 2 days of laying it out and lots of figuring I had Jumper harness made. Whites also makes a jumper harness although cheeper not as nice as I would like. I have a problem with a board with all same color wires wrapped up in tape. I am sure it works as one of my old gen6 units was like that. I was much more impressed with the Fast track set up but was quite a bit more money. Your other option is to replace the Factory harness ecm plug in with the type that is used with the Gen7 and relocate the pins. I have it all worked out with diagram and pin locations. You will not need any other wires for anything as its all right there in the factory harness. Its all on paper just needs someone to tackle the job. Give me a call Steve I can get you the info I have on he pin locaions and I am sure Caspers can hook you up with the ECM plug for the Gen7.

Lonnie,

Could you shoot me an email, or PM? I'd like to talk to you about the Gen 7 GN stuff. If there are harness issues, I'll try to get someone to look at them.

Nobody actually has one on a Gn yet? It would be nice to use the harness that came with it. The packing list that came with the unit says the main harness is Chevy.

Back