You can type here any text you want

gen2 & pL logging ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

hi just want to know when using the gen2 and power logger can you log with either one ?i am going to use the pl to log just installed it and got it right with the help and time from the staff members and members on this site .also is there any setting i should do when using the gen2 & the pl together and then log with the logger and tune with gen 2 right?

The gen 2 is a tuning device. The Powerlogger is a scantool. They are 2 totally different things.

hi just want to know when using the gen2 and power logger can you log with either one ?i am going to use the pl to log just installed it and got it right with the help and time from the staff members and members on this site .also is there any setting i should do when using the gen2 & the pl together and then log with the logger and tune with gen 2 right?

Yes, your assumptions are correct. You use the powerlogger to log data, and the gen2 to tune with based on data you look at in your logs.
You just have to make sure you have your MAF display options chosen correctly on the PL's F3 page, and everything else on the F3 page set correctly.

ok thanks so the next thing for me to do is put my lc1 in then i have all the components i need to moniter and tune for my combo and if i change my combo i can tune for it .ok thanks. nooowww i just istalled the gen2 got it used from the this site so it had the tuning and setting for his combo and he used the extreme g chip iam using the 5.7 tt i know the wot and the tunning and the wideband tracking wont work with the tt 5.7 but the car will still run ok .to make a long story short how do i reset the gen 2 i get a mode unsupported and the range button doesnt do anything anymore everybutton was working fine when i was setting it for my combo and the car runs forabout 10 seconds then stalls.and the

Last edited:
reset the Gen-2, then set the MAF in to match your MAF, and the MAF out to stock GN. set number of cylinders and displacement to match the engine. It will run fine with the TT chip.

Bob

i forget exactly which button, but you hold down one of the buttons when powering up, keep it held until the display reads "all data reset".

post back what software version is in the unit also.

Bob

yes you hold the page button got it. its starts it idles rough .code 33 maf senser signal to high how do i fix it ?

Attachments

Are you sure you have the MAF in and MAF out settings correct?

it went from 4.6 to 6.8when i put the gen 2 and the 4'' mega maf card style. i had no mal codes before i put the gen 2 and that maf .is there away to adjust it?or maybe i should try setting it to the the ls6maf.

went back and checked maf in mega 4'' i tried the 31/2 ls1 and the ls6 settings it runs it best when its on the 4''mega .the idle is smoothest with the maga the ses turn off but still have the code33 on sm . and the maf out is set to gn stock cause using tt chip.

let us know the software version in the Gen-2, it is shown during the boot sequence

happy newyear to everyone thanks. reset the ecm it worked cleared the code .thanks turbo bob/dave& turborurick.is there a later version than the 1.19.

Back