You can type here any text you want

Gen6 DFI Timing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
Quick question- A buddy of mine used to work as a DFI tuner for a reputable performance shop locally, and when I had him tune my car (on the street)- He indicated that we shouldn't add any more timing that what was already in my (used) DFI.-He also indicated that the timing chart illustrated in my program, is not actually what the car is doing, and to add 6-10 degrees to each of the figures, because GN ignition system tends to be 6-10 degrees advanced from the program-

Does this seem accurate?-
Also- We tuned with a wideband on the street to about 12.5? -I'm new to this, and not even sure what we were measuring, but I've had a couple buddies tell me that it was a real "safe tune" -And we should have tuned leaner... Not sure

The does drive much much better since the tune, and sounds different, and spools quicker, however it seems like it has dropped off in power on the top end?

Just would like to know the basics-

Thanks-
Cliff

The timing is correct you have to compensate by reducing about 6 degrees. The best power on a turbo car is about 11.8 but to be safe run about 11.3 on a dfi especiallyo ver 20 lbs boost. You can run 12.5-13 cold start, off idle run 13.0 for good throttle response. Run 14.8-15.3 for cruise 2000-2500 rpm. No more than about 15 timing on 94 octane at 20 psi boost. By the timg the dfi retards the timing the hg will be gone also, so be conservative! good luck

norb

I'm going to hook up a laptop again just to write down the timing a fuel charts for reference, but what type of timing ballpark should I be at with 22-24psi and 110 octane?

Also- The current program has the lock-up converter @ 3000rpm- I have this unplugged as it felt like I was going to break the trans during part throttle driving (even before dfi- probly bad TCC selenoid -I know I should replace soon.). What are your thoughts about this?

Again- I appreciate your feedback! :)

Back