You can type here any text you want

GEN7+ WB02 problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

quickt

Finally have the GN running. I seem to have a problem with the wide band. Set up is as follows. Type 2 sensor, 02 correction on and uego selected. The correction will go -25 and will not change no matter what you do to the VE table. I can select type 1 or 2 sensor and no change. If i change the setting to HEGO it seems to work fine but wont correct below 14.0. I think I have the wrong sensor. The o2 I have is a 5 wire with 7 wire plug. The help key says that a type 2 GEN7+ sensor is a 7 wire for boosted apps. A buddy tells me the 5 wire should work fine. The cal. block is 4 wires in and 7 wires out. Do I have the wrong sensor or could there be another problem? Any ideas?

Lonnie,

Is your wideband reading air-to-fuel ratio properly? Do you see the air-to-fuel ratio changing in the software while the engine is running?

Type 1 WB has 2 connectors.

Type 2 WB has 3 connectors, extra one is a 2 wire connection for voltage out to a voltmeter.

Are you making any boost? If so, how much? The type 1 wideband may be ok for low boost levels of about 10 PSI or less.

Don't change your VE table to influence the wideband. Use the target air-to-fuel ratio table instead (unless your VE table is not calibrated yet).

The ECM is designed to function in open loop mode below 14.0:1 and above 15.0:1 when you are using a HEGO sensor.

Finally, check the obvious stuff: make sure displacement and injector size are set properly. Be sure none of the Nitrous stages have been enabled accidentally.If your O2 correction is -25%, think about where the extra fuel (that the wideband is taking out) may be coming from. Maybe check the plugs to see how they look -- are you really running 25% rich if you turn the O2 feedback off? Check your transient fuel tables for MAP and TPS Rate of Change (ROC) to make sure that they are set to 0 trim for dMap and dTPS values of 0.

Originally posted by aDFIguy
Lonnie,

Is your wideband reading air-to-fuel ratio properly? Do you see the air-to-fuel ratio changing in the software while the engine is running?

Type 1 WB has 2 connectors.

Type 2 WB has 3 connectors, extra one is a 2 wire connection for voltage out to a voltmeter.

Are you making any boost? If so, how much? The type 1 wideband may be ok for low boost levels of about 10 PSI or less.

Don't change your VE table to influence the wideband. Use the target air-to-fuel ratio table instead (unless your VE table is not calibrated yet).

The ECM is designed to function in open loop mode below 14.0:1 and above 15.0:1 when you are using a HEGO sensor.

Finally, check the obvious stuff: make sure displacement and injector size are set properly. Be sure none of the Nitrous stages have been enabled accidentally.If your O2 correction is -25%, think about where the extra fuel (that the wideband is taking out) may be coming from. Maybe check the plugs to see how they look -- are you really running 25% rich if you turn the O2 feedback off? Check your transient fuel tables for MAP and TPS Rate of Change (ROC) to make sure that they are set to 0 trim for dMap and dTPS values of 0.

The AFR is fixed at 10.06 on the main screen and does not change so I would say that it is not reading the AFR properly. Based on your description I have type 1 wideband but I am going to exchange for a type 2. The map and TPS tables are set at 0 fuel psi is 40 and I have been over the configuration 10 times and it is correct. When I select hego the afr on the main screen will still read 10.06 but the correction seem to move all over as if its working. The engine idles good and the plugs also look good it shows no signs of running rich. I just got the car running sat. so I am sure the VE table is not even close yet. No matter what I do the AFR still reads 10.06. Is the only difference between the type1 and type2 the brick or is the o2 sensor also different?

I found the WBo2 problem. There were 2 wires in the wrong location in my Fast Track harness. Fixed them and now all is good.

Lonnie

You weren't the only one that had that problem. Glad to see you got it worked out.

Back