General TTA questions

MrMNTTA

Looking for 11.0's
I've heard a few things, and have always wondered if they were true.

Question #1 - Is a TTA actually a GTA that was pulled off of the line, sent to PAS and converted over to a TTA?

Question #2 - On the title for the car, does it say GTA? Or TTA?

Question #3 - How easy would it be to make a 'fake' TTA?

I think I know the answers to these questions, but I'd like some more insight and opinions!

#1 - Engines (drivetrain) built by PAS in City of Industry CA then sent to the GM Van Nuys,CA plant and put in the designated 89 firebird on the normal 3rd gen assembly line then back to the PAS factory for emlbems, quality check, tuning etc then to the Pontiac distribution center in Los Angeles and from there to the dealership

#2 - My Virginia title just have the VIN model year (89( make (Pontiac) and body style (2D sdn) and thats it

#3 - pretty hard as all the TTA's have the unique number 5 in the Vin and all other firebirds have a 2, meaning they all start with 1G5 instead of the normal 1G2 used for all other firebirds, trans ams, GTA's and Formulas.

Question #3 - How easy would it be to make a 'fake' TTA?

You can never 100% duplicate a TTA scince, like Jan said, the TTA's vin starts with 1G5 instead of 1G2 like all other Pontiacs. But aside from the vin and some of the PAS stickers you can duplicate one fairly easily, it just takes time to find the right parts - and they are out there. I've personally bought 3 instrument clustres, 3 engine harnesses, and 2 sets of headers over the last few years.

In my opinion, if your going to make a race car or hot street car where your going to be replacing or rebuilding alot of parts anyway it's cheaper to build a clone. If you just want to duplicate one as a stocker or mild street car your better off buying one.

Thanks guys! I'm close to buying a TTA, and am just trying to do some research!

my credit union PSECU refinanced my TTA 100% last year for the KBB value of $21,000 not bad for such an old car and interist rate was 5%

we paid off some credit cards and did some home remodeling