You can type here any text you want

German Muscle vs. American Muscle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Man i watched that whole thing and got exited when the showed the race preview and there was a gn i thought they were gonna race the gn and get thier german butts handed to them.....

Did you notice whose GN it was? I was a little surprised when a friend emailed me the link.

It's interesting to see the amount of rear tire growth after the shift.

I know what you mean. There was about 1/2 second that was pretty good, though.
When I was at the track that day, I had heard that there was a film crew from Germany filming a race between a Mercedes and an old Ford Mustang. Not a very fair match up.

The Mercedes cost more than the Mustang, the truck and trailer that brought the Mustang, and the garage the Mustang is parked in. A more realistic comparison would be a CTS-V supercharged vs the CLS-63AMG.

I used to race a SL600 TT V12 for 2 years at the track. He and I battled all the time. We both were running low 11's and I would usually get out ahead and he would try to chase me down. In the end I usually won but he beat me a few times, in fact he beat me one time and the video made it on a local exotic car forum bragging how it beat a GN. He was the first to get in the 10's but he sold the car and now races a 900 hp goat.

The people in Germany sure seem to like it. A lot of views and comments. I wish I could read German. Or, maybe it's better that I can't.
I was thinking of adding a comment asking why they didn't race the GN.

Donnie, they probably would not want to race you. But I'd be up for it at any track they choose. I'll even drive there to meet them with the AC blowing and stereo turned up to show it a street car. :wink:

It seems kinda chicken shtuff that the Germans would pick a US car out of the sixties to compete against. Maybe we should air a race of a late model ZR1 Corvette against a German car from the sixties. Now that would be fun to watch.

The people in Germany sure seem to like it. A lot of views and comments. I wish I could read German. Or, maybe it's better that I can't.
I was thinking of adding a comment asking why they didn't race the GN.

leave a comment. the vast majority of germans speak english. that mercedes is the exception over there in the sense that most germans drive underpowered 4 cylinders or tubocharged diesels. we just had a relative from germany visit last summer who loves cars and he was blown away by the horsepower thats available to us. for example my durango making over 300 he couldnt believe. and he loved the buick.

leave a comment. the vast majority of germans speak english. that mercedes is the exception over there in the sense that most germans drive underpowered 4 cylinders or tubocharged diesels. we just had a relative from germany visit last summer who loves cars and he was blown away by the horsepower thats available to us. for example my durango making over 300 he couldnt believe. and he loved the buick.
You leave the comment. I'm not looking to start WWIII. You know how those Germans can be.

Back