You can type here any text you want

GM hood insulators for GN/TR

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Frank Mc

These are new in packaging. They are the latest from GM for 86-87 GN/TR. They are the same size and shape as always but do not have any writing on them like the old factory originals. They've recently stopped lettering them and you cannot buy them with the words Buick, Turbocharged, and the power 6 anymore from GM. $115 shipped in US
email fvmcc@aol.com
-Frank

Have you opened any of them to look? I bought one just a couple weeks ago (same part #) from GM and it has all the lettering on it. I looked. If not, they must have JUST stopped putting the letters on them.

bob

Thank you for posting the info. Yes, I pulled a few of the staples open and they are blank. I talked to a Gm guy I know and he says they stopped making them with lettering. I'm sure there may be a few left in warehouses that still have writing on them.

Frank- do you still have any insulator pads? How much if I pick it up? I live 2.5 hours from you. thanks!

I'll sell you one for $80 if you pick it up. However, I'd say you're better off paying the $95 and saving money on gas. Let me know.
-Frank

Frank Mc said:
I'll sell you one for $80 if you pick it up. However, I'd say you're better off paying the $95 and saving money on gas. Let me know.
-Frank

I went to my local dealer and ordered a couple for $95 ea. Sounds like $80 is a great deal as I planned on buying more than one. My guess is these will be discontinued in the near future like everything else for our cars. Frank- do you work at a dealership? Can you get similar discounts on other parts?

Sent you pm KEVINS87T.

Can't get discounts on any parts. I'm just looking to sell some extra parts I have sitting here to get money for some other projects.

-Frank

Back