GM TURBO 6 October meet update

Wanted to say thanks to Richard and Clint for putting this great event together for us all, I myself had a great time meeting new people and seeing alot of really nice Buicks, the track time was excellent for those of us who raced or just watched, congratulations to Jack for winning the trophy and helping me work on the tuning of the car, also to Derek for the hotel info and getting around town, again thank you Richard for putting up and putting on this great event. JR

thanks guys !

The 498 was at 17lbs and was the 2nd or 3rd pull, the inlet tube shutting was noticed on the next to last pull that netted 540 hp, and the last pull was with the inlet tube under the car removed. that was the 560hp pull.

Girdled 109 block with steel crank. As jack mentioned above, so-so heads, 70gtq, full exhaust, atr headers, f.a.s.t. full weight. car weighs 3830 # with me in it. Anybody that saw my trunk will know this. Sony subs, amps, playstation ect....It wouldn't hook at the track. best 60ft was a 1.57. It would launch then either start spinning or tire shake bad. I lifted completely off the gas to get it to stop, then got back in it and ended up running a 6.60 at 109mph.

again, thanks jack and all you guys that ran the dyno .

Very nice combination!! Was the tune for the 560-HP pull and the 6.60 @ 109-mph the same tune? What kind of boost? If so that makes me very confident on what kind of ET/MPH the 505-HP car we had there should put down at the track.

PS- Was that you on Saturday talking with Dave England and myself about suspension just before Paul and Dave did their seminar in the dyno room? You had a Simpson(?) race jacket on?

K.

Very nice combination!! Was the tune for the 560-HP pull and the 6.60 @ 109-mph the same tune? What kind of boost? If so that makes me very confident on what kind of ET/MPH the 505-HP car we had there should put down at the track.

PS- Was that you on Saturday talking with Dave England and myself about suspension just before Paul and Dave did their seminar in the dyno room? You had a Simpson(?) race jacket on?

K.

Yep, that was me! the dent man. That run was the exact same dyno tune and the boost was in the 26-27 range. It really isn't a good compairison for hp/weight/et because of the bad traction problems though, should be low 6's when I get the right combo, thats why I was talking to you guys ! :) Hey, that reminds me, thanks for the info on the suspension too !

Thank you Richard and Clint for putting on a great buick event. Learned alot from all the buick vendors especially Jack who helped me with tunning my car. The car ran the best its ever run at low boost. Jack, I really appreciate vendors like you who go the extra mile for thier customers.

the 505 hp and 577 foot pounds of torque car from south cacalacki was so freakin amazing

my 2nd favorite car behind derricks

the 505 hp and 577 foot pounds of torque car from south cacalacki was so freakin amazing...

I burned alot of diesel coming back and forth from Charlotte with different cars Friday and Saturday. And with the rain we didn't have time to even wash the car. So I got a chuckle on some of the looks and comments while that car sat there before dynoing. I think people perked up when we started to make some pulls... :biggrin:

Overall I'm happy with the car. I wish we didn't start having lock-up issues with the converter on the last few pulls, including the 505Hp pull, then the exhaust hitting the dyno's roller, etc. That was my fault for not bolting some decent wheels and tires on the car for the event.

The owner of the car, Corey, wasn't even there but I talked to him on the way home. I think he'll be happy with his 500+ Hp street car... :biggrin:

K.

I had a great time running the dyno with dale and mike. Jack if you ever get one of these dynos id love to come up there and help you guys out with it. Thanks again Rich for having all of us it was a great time.

Curious to know if anyone here got one of these custom made buttons:

Attachments

• DSC08141.JPG
    DSC08141.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 143
I was busy however when in BG next year if someone comes up to me and mentions something about it I will let them have one... Sorry :(