GM TURBO 6 October meet update

The event was great...!!

A big thanks to:

Vince Janis for the help on the tranny repair Fiday!! Nothing like getting dirty when on "vacation"... :biggrin:

Cal Hartline for the tuning on Kevin's street car Friday (443-HP @ 20.5-psi), and then on Corey's car I brought Saturday. I don't think anyone expected that out of that car from an appearance stand-point. (505-HP @ 22.5 psi).

And lastly to Richard Clark for hosting the event!! Most gracious as always!!

I just wish things didn't get shut-down the way they did Saturday night... :confused:

K.

Clint,
Did they put Benny's Stage 2 car on the dyno yesterday? If so let me know what it did . I had to work and couldn't get off to come with him so I'm in the dark,biting my nails wondering !! Thanks,
Mat

Hey TK, the only dyno was at the track and you know that if he told you that he would have to K--- u,:rolleyes: straight from the horses mouth.:confused: JR

A few Video's and pics:

Richard%20Clarks

Richard%20Clarks

Richard%20Clarks

Jim

Jim,

Do you have a video of the GN we had on the dyno 1st thing Sat. I was hoping someone did of the 505-HP pull when the converter was acting up.

K.

Well a great time had by all has come to an end. This was the SINGLE LARGEST non-racing Turbo Buick event ever put together, we had well over 300 people on Saturday alone. We finished with a little over 100 folks to end the evening. What more could you ask for than free food, free technical advice from the best names in the business, Free track time, as well as free dyno time. With that we would like to give thanks to all who help to support the door prize giveaways and assisted with the 50/50 drawing. Someone took home $350 on Saturday and $250 on Sunday. We also had a long-distance award winners for the individuals that drove the farthest to attend in Burlington, NC

$100 3rd place prize went to:
Brett Wallace from Kaukauna, Wisconsin

1,062 Miles

$200 2nd place went to:
Austin & LaDonna Kendall from Del City, Oklahoma

1,147 Miles

$300 1st place went to:
Fred Baker & Dick Walker from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

1,160 Miles

Man I tell you what, it was REALLY great day for my bud Jack Cotton from Agawam, MA. Jack not only took home the 50/50 drawing of $250 but he ALSO was awarded the Turbo Cup. This was sponsored by ZDDPlus and had a $500 cash prize. Jack will have to defend the cup at an upcoming event in 09. He won this by being the fastest full bodied turbo v6 regal to attend the dragstrip. He ran the best of a 5.75 at 125mph to receive this award so congrats to the Cotton crew for a great showing here in NC:
DSC06892%20(Medium).JPG

And finally we would like to say thanks to the main crew that made all of this a reality for everyone.
Dennis and Eileen Kirban, Pete Hoffman, and Richard Clark

DSC06891%20(Medium).JPG

In closing I hope everyone has a safe Journey home and I think that the Oklahoma Crew might be home by Wednesday morning:eek: and I will see everyone soon in 2009.
Regards and thanks for your support:

Was there any talk of a prize for highest HP/TQ on the dyno??

K.

Congrats Jack! I am coming for it though:biggrin: I want this bad:cool:

Attachments

• jack and turbocup.jpg
    jack and turbocup.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 327
bad ride

Shane, That is one bad ride you have put together. Hope it runs as good as it looks. Great to see you sat.

Hear It Is

Hey TK, the only dyno was at the track and you know that if he told you that he would have to K--- u,:rolleyes: straight from the horses mouth.:confused: JR

JR, You don't have to do that. Go ahead and tell him about the 6.60 at 26 lbs of boost ;)

It was nice to meet everyone! Special thanks to Mr. Clark for hosting and Dale Snyder & crew for their time with the dyno :)

It was nice to meet everyone! Special thanks to Mr. Clark for hosting and Dale Snyder

Helping with the Dyno was a labor of love!!! Thanks to Jason and Michael for all their help and I learned alot over the weekend. My wife and I hope to see everyone at the next event.

Regards,
Dale Snyder

This was an awesome weekend ! Not only did I get to race, and talk shop, it was in my home town with friends and family. thanks to all that made it happen, esp. Richard for opening his place up for us. BIG THANKS to Jack Cotton !! We Decided to start the dyno pulls Fri. night since we got rained out at the track so we loaded my 109 block/ported ironed head white t on the dyno Fri. night and after 5 pulls and a few key stokes on the computer by jack we netted 560 hp and 575 tq !! :biggrin: Can't wait to get some heads for this thing ! u da man jack !

Was there any talk of a prize for highest HP/TQ on the dyno??

K.

Hmmmmmm.. me thinks if there was..... Derricks 560hp may have been the winner.. not to mention, I think Derrick ran 109 in the 18th at the track rental sat. morn. Congrats Derrick, your car ran well for being a full weight 109 with a set of ooooold EP ported heads. They are sad to say the least when compared to Champion ported iron heads, not to mention Champion full race ported aluminums. I would add another 50-100 HP with a good set of heads. Not to mention another 5-10mph on the 1\8th mile. If I remember correctly Bobby from RPE freshened that motor up about 4 years ago... :eek:
We also dynoed another car sunday , I tuned him up to 21lbs and netted 500 something, maybe 520hp... unfortunately, the fuel was a little lite on octane and we took allll the timing out... no doubt cut the HP numbers down.. :eek:

As for the dyno shutdown friday nite... it was getting a little late... I appreciated the use of it, Richard is the most accomodating man I have ever met and would like to thank him for just over the top use of his facility!!

he definetly posted the highest on the dyno for the weekend. Our boy jason was the one running it so he saw every dyno pull.

Thanks, you guys did a fabulous job, I'm sure I can speak for all and shout out a big thank you. We appreciated your efforts and so much time put in. Hey... If I can figure out a way to purchase one of those dynos... are ya all available..... :)

Hmmmmmm.. me thinks if there was..... Derricks 560hp may have been the winner.. not to mention, I think Derrick ran 109 in the 18th at the track rental sat. morn. Congrats Derrick, your car ran well for being a full weight 109 with a set of ooooold EP ported heads. They are sad to say the least when compared to Champion ported iron heads, not to mention Champion full race ported aluminums. I would add another 50-100 HP with a good set of heads. Not to mention another 5-10mph on the 1\8th mile. If I remember correctly Bobby from RPE freshened that motor up about 4 years ago... :eek:
We also dynoed another car sunday , I tuned him up to 21lbs and netted 500 something, maybe 520hp... unfortunately, the fuel was a little lite on octane and we took allll the timing out... no doubt cut the HP numbers down.. :eek:

As for the dyno shutdown friday nite... it was getting a little late... I appreciated the use of it, Richard is the most accomodating man I have ever met and would like to thank him for just over the top use of his facility!!

Definitely not trying to take anything away from Derrick's car. I didn't see the last pulls I guess, I remembered something like 498-HP. That may have been before pulling the intake tube off that was collapsing. What size is that 4-bolt turbo? Can we get more info. on the combination?

Congrats Derrick on the HP/TQ improvements with each pull.

K.

Thanks, you guys did a fabulous job, I'm sure I can speak for all and shout out a big thank you. We appreciated your efforts and so much time put in. Hey... If I can figure out a way to purchase one of those dynos... are ya all available..... :)
we'll bring the whole PGH crew up and a muzzel for one in particular :D

Definitely not trying to take anything away from Derrick's car. I didn't see the last pulls I guess, I remembered something like 498-HP. That may have been before pulling the intake tube off that was collapsing. What size is that 4-bolt turbo? Can we get more info. on the combination?

Congrats Derrick on the HP/TQ improvements with each pull.

K.

thanks guys !

The 498 was at 17lbs and was the 2nd or 3rd pull, the inlet tube shutting was noticed on the next to last pull that netted 540 hp, and the last pull was with the inlet tube under the car removed. that was the 560hp pull.

Girdled 109 block with steel crank. As jack mentioned above, so-so heads, 70gtq, full exhaust, atr headers, f.a.s.t. full weight. car weighs 3830 # with me in it. Anybody that saw my trunk will know this. Sony subs, amps, playstation ect....It wouldn't hook at the track. best 60ft was a 1.57. It would launch then either start spinning or tire shake bad. I lifted completely off the gas to get it to stop, then got back in it and ended up running a 6.60 at 109mph.

again, thanks jack and all you guys that ran the dyno .