You can type here any text you want

GMHTP magazine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Heartbeast

The last few issues have had very sparse articles about Buicks/TTA's. I am started to get tired of seeing so much chevy stuff. Any other magazines that is more about turbo buicks and their cousins?

Personally I feel Rick Jensen (the current editor of GMHTP that took over after Johnny Hunkins left to work as editor for PHR) is doing a great job of getting Turbo Buick related articles in the mag..... The last three issues of the mag has had at least one article about Buicks and personally I feel that is pretty damn good considering our cars get very little mention (if any) in other mags..... It's just a matter of numbers (the late model F-bodies guys are the vast majority of readers so they obviously have to do more articles about those cars to stay around)!

If you want to see just Buick stuff maybe you should try getting the GSX-TRA:cool:

I think it's a great magazine. At least it has some TR content, as opposed to almost zero from other mags (I know there are rare articals here or there from other publications). Besides, it keeps us current on what the competition is doing.:cool:

rick has a buick, covered the nationals, and is doing a better job of getting buick stuff in the mag. i believe the camaro market is just bigger and they have to cater to what pays the bills.

You can also check out Turbo and High Tech Performance.....I know it is an Import mag but the editor also has a Turbo Regal...a white 87 T-Type which they named Project Boneyard...and they will sometime have some tech articles....but they are few and far between...just look though it on the newstand before you buy...

I can't believe the way so many people complain about this magazine. I think it is a great magazine. How much of a magazine should be devoted to an obscure run of about 40,000 cars?

rick did some feature shoots on several cars at the nats, cal and red armstrongs have already been run.

Originally posted by kes610
rick has a buick, covered the nationals, and is doing a better job of getting buick stuff in the mag. i believe the camaro market is just bigger and they have to cater to what pays the bills.

Exactly. We're very lucky to get the coverage that we get now.

I have a subscription to the magazine and I think they do a good job on the turbobuick content. Like was stated earlier, they had a good article on Cal's car this issue. You can't hardly expect an over abundance of Buick articles every month because the Buick guys' subscriptions probably wouldn't pay the bills. Anyway, I give them a thumbs up on their mag....keep up the good work.

Originally posted by turboG
the Buick guys' subscriptions probably wouldn't pay the bills. Anyway

>>> Or they'd want a group purchase on subscriptions.

Originally posted by Aztlanahauc
You can also check out Turbo and High Tech Performance.....I know it is an Import mag but the editor also has a Turbo Regal...a white 87 T-Type which they named Project Boneyard...and they will sometime have some tech articles....but they are few and far between...just look though it on the newstand before you buy...

the white t type called boneyard was a sweet car, but alas,

it was stolen a while back. after that, they picked up a car called "project black jack" which was an 87 GN. they hardley ever have articles about it any more, but i remember them getting as far as a brake upgrade, suspension bushings, removing the 7th injector it came with, and a few other mods

OK...

I am just getting into turbo buicks and this is the only magazine that I have seen that covers them. A friend gave me a couple of back issues that have more buick stuff in them. I guess it spoiled me. It can't be like that all the time though.

I love GMHTP, but i wish they would include some other cars as well. They have a project blue thunder with a tpi 305, well i say get a cheap hot air car and see what can be done, they are not the pigs most would like to believe and I just think it would be interesting. How about a feature on a TTa, or a typhoon or syclone, i don't think ive seen one in there in my 3 years of subscriptio, geez if we're complaining id hate to see what the syty peeps have to say. Overall i think its an awesome mag, and I love to read it every month, seeing im a huge fan of the LS1s and was really glad to see the gains they got on there 2000 TA this month with the full exhaust. They are starting to lean more towards the race car look and I like the sleeper street car look(low 11s to low 12s) even though its not cutting edge its just more my thing. Oh well great job GMHTP and Cals car looked great in there.

I think the magazine has been doing pretty good for our 17 yr. old High Tech cars.

I agree that GM High-Tech has been doing a pretty good job on the Buick coverage. There's obviously more appearances in GMHTP then there is in Hot Rod or Car Craft or Popular Hot Rodding anymore. And even though it was a few years ago, what other magazine would devote an ENTIRE issue to Turbo Buicks like the March '99 issue. As well as a couple other cover features, like "Big Bad Buicks" etc. I thought the Nationals coverage one of the recent issues was great. They're always fooling with something on that Turbo-T of theirs too which is pretty interesting. Like a turbo & injector swap. That's cool for people who havent swapped turbo or injectors yet, like myself.

As much as they are a dime-a-dozen, I still like modded out and sharp looking F-bodies. How about that blue, twin-turbo Camaro? That thing was pretty bad. I also like the budget tweaks on the old TPI cars. Knowledge is power in performance cars, no matter what type of car it is.

What issue is this with Cal Hartline's buildup some of you speak of? I dont believe I have this one yet... which month?

i love the gmht mag! they were here in vegas at the buick event last oct.

Back