GN-1s too harsh for break in?

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
OK, I've heard about changing out the springs to weaker ones for break in... but i'm trying to avoid it if possible. Just got a brand new still in the box CompCam 218/222 flat tappet (I know I know, roller woulda been nicer...boo...hiss ;) ) And from what I've gathered...the break in should be religiously adhered to with the rpms for 20 minutes with Rotella...BUT heres the question...

Are GN1s too harsh for a new cam??? AND do i run straight Rotella T and at what weight? Sorry for the noobish questions...But I'm on the fence for just popping up the moolah for the full roller if this dont work :mad: TIA!

OK, I've heard about changing out the springs to weaker ones for break in... but i'm trying to avoid it if possible. Just got a brand new still in the box CompCam 218/222 flat tappet (I know I know, roller woulda been nicer...boo...hiss ;) ) And from what I've gathered...the break in should be religiously adhered to with the rpms for 20 minutes with Rotella...BUT heres the question...

Are GN1s too harsh for a new cam??? AND do i run straight Rotella T and at what weight? Sorry for the noobish questions...But I'm on the fence for just popping up the moolah for the full roller if this dont work :mad: TIA!

I would use the old worn out stock spring for break in its worth the time or you will be risking a full rebuild with the GN-1 springs.

Three words...lol

got just three words to changing out the springs.... "Gawd Diddly Dammit!" thanks all!