GN for sale just under 50 K. Are they serious

A guy in my local area was selling one with similar mileage. It was a very nice car but he struggled to get $35k for it. There are a ton of overpriced GN's for sale right now. Look no further than the local Autotrader or Craigslist.

Neal

There is a nice car for sale down the street from me.
75,000 miles, asking $26,000.
Clean, but showing it's age.
In my opinion, it should be a $17-18k car.
I would like to buy another nice GN / TR, but in this market my '85 with an '87 conversion would be a $10-11k car.

My opinions;
Take comfort in knowing that OPINIONS on price DO matter to the appraisal AND insurance companies. I am merely talking about the differentiation between an opinion of value. It is understood that owners can ask whatever they want, and a buyer can pay what they feel is fair, but individual opinions about sale prices, i.e. what you are willing to pay, impacts everyone to some degree.

Insurance companies and valuation companies search the internet for prices, and unless there is an agreed value, the value of your vehicle is based on their findings. Not suggesting that the methodology is incorrect.

In other words; The collective owners are THE ONLY source of pricing truth on these cars, not the other way around. So again; Take comfort in knowing that YOUR OPINION DOES matter to the appraisal AND insurance companies because it creates a perception of market value. “We” are our own worst enemy and a big part of the valuation gap. (No, I would not sell my car for the third party assessment value.)