You can type here any text you want

GN head gasket R&R video

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Detroit Turbo

A local GN owner has a project in which we are going to create some how-to videos from.

The first of many will be a head gasket R&R which we will be starting on next week.

The question we are pondering on is just doing the head gasket swap and putting it back together or doing some other mods while its somewhat apart.

The goal is to get some good video of as much as possible while we're in there so any suggestions are welcome. Perhaps some work on the heads?

please let me know what people would like to see

A video showing how to set up a roller cam with the engine still in the car would be awesome. Maybe a vendor could help with sponsorship, if the video is comprehensive enough it could help to sell a lot of cams.

Mike

A video showing how to set up a roller cam with the engine still in the car would be awesome. Maybe a vendor could help with sponsorship, if the video is comprehensive enough it could help to sell a lot of cams.

Mike

Mike,

Thats a good idea, and the sponsorship is something to consider. Any vendors interested?

Any vids on tunning, trans rebuilds, and ignition options! MAF setups to, like Fast, GEN2, and whatever.

If you got some videos together in DVD format, and they're well done, i'd buy it. Especially if its a typically rebuild/built up project.

I'd like to see detailed videos on tuning, alcohol set ups, turbo/intercooler/injector swaps, start-to-finish build :biggrin:

Its good to see the interest is there.

What would be more interesting to everyone?

1. The typical DVD type instructional content, where someone lays out all the tools needed for the project gives a basic overview of what will be explained and mostly just technical type content. Think of the old VHS ATSG transmission videos.

2. Something a little more entertaining like a TV show. Its still good enough that all the steps aren't skipped like on Powerblock and the like. Think low budget film but with great technical content with some occasional humor.

3. Filming at different shops around the country. Going in and capturing the shop as if they didn't even know a video was being made, they just act as if its business as usual so we get some of the shop antics that go on. This one would be fun to do.

My choice would be #3 because you'd get such a great variety of topics, different settings and most of all you'd see all the different talent represented and get a clearer picture of the industry.

How would it benefit the shops?... more business, exposure for their sponsors, stepping up the level of competition, making a statement that they are confident enough with their work that they welcome this type of transparency and challenges the next guy to do the same. :D

Its good to see the interest is there.

What would be more interesting to everyone?

1. The typical DVD type instructional content, where someone lays out all the tools needed for the project gives a basic overview of what will be explained and mostly just technical type content. Think of the old VHS ATSG transmission videos.

2. Something a little more entertaining like a TV show. Its still good enough that all the steps aren't skipped like on Powerblock and the like. Think low budget film but with great technical content with some occasional humor.

3. Filming at different shops around the country. Going in and capturing the shop as if they didn't even know a video was being made, they just act as if its business as usual so we get some of the shop antics that go on. This one would be fun to do.

My choice would be #3 because you'd get such a great variety of topics, different settings and most of all you'd see all the different talent represented and get a clearer picture of the industry.

How would it benefit the shops?... more business, exposure for their sponsors, stepping up the level of competition, making a statement that they are confident enough with their work that they welcome this type of transparency and challenges the next guy to do the same. :D

I think a combination of #1 and #3 would be best. Very detailed, instructional with the best GN builders around the country.

I can do a Rear main How to Vid.

I'm a certified mechanic and do lots of work on GN's be great to show you guys how it's done right!!

A local GN owner has a project in which we are going to create some how-to videos from.

The first of many will be a head gasket R&R which we will be starting on next week.

The question we are pondering on is just doing the head gasket swap and putting it back together or doing some other mods while its somewhat apart.

The goal is to get some good video of as much as possible while we're in there so any suggestions are welcome. Perhaps some work on the heads?

please let me know what people would like to see

I can do a Rear main How to Vid.

I'm a certified mechanic and do lots of work on GN's be great to show you guys how it's done right!!

That would be great!

Here is our first video of the project. We didn't get very far that day but at least we got started. :D

Grand National Engine Teardown | TuneyFish

The HD version is still a little too choppy to try and watch, so thats why I posted the link to the standard def version. Working on trying to resolve that problem ASAP.

Back