GN in Fast and Furious 4

Probably not the only thing full of "hot air" there either;) Man, they need to get some real tech advisors for these movies. I can guarantee that car won't last 15 mins into the show. If I remember correctly his girliefriend is killed off in the beginning. Guess what else is probably gonna get killed off:frown:

Probably not the only thing full of "hot air" there either;) Man, they need to get some real tech advisors for these movies. I can guarantee that car won't last 15 mins into the show. If I remember correctly his girliefriend is killed off in the beginning. Guess what else is probably gonna get killed off:frown:

it will be a less then 2 min of coverage for it watch, mark my words. a few scenes max! im still disgusted with this, and truly beleive more bad will come out of this then good. probably picking up his girlfriend and the way home and smokes some rice in a riced out gn, ant that some ceit.

i will be extremely pissed off IF these stupid ricer's decide to put GNX fender vents are thier little $hit box civics and del sols. I will certainly carry a can of air craft paint removerto melt the fender vents down to give a proper burial

Im more worried about finding a cheap GN now, prices of alot of nicer cars in the other movies went up after the first one....

This wont tranish the image of GNs.....they are legendary in most car circles, and most every "ricer" knows about them. These are not sleepers....not to car guys.
Also, I disagree w/ most here, I think ricers are car guys, and when they get more $, or get tired of their high drama community, or theft they will be here, and warmly embraced as many here are as former import/compact builders. I just cringe when I hear negative about "all ricers ...." They have created more stimulous for economy than any other car segment in 20 years. SEMA for the last 10 years is atleast 51% compact/tuner. That is an undenyable fact. I am not saying pat one on the back, but they have a purpose, and one was playing a giant role in our culture and expanding product lines to smaller engine perf.
In summary, TR owners seem like snobs when you read many posts here, which is a shame...we went through the same scrutiny w/ the V8 guys until we shut them up. Be warned, there are MANY "ricers" ready to shut us up if we talk crap in the wrong circle.....

now GN's will be eyeballed, and a new crowd of people will begin buying up or stealing whatever they think is a GN. "OH!! TURBO? WHAT? Buick?!" SAD. And like always the nice cars always do crash or get damaged in the FF movies. FF 1 - Charger collides with semi and flys away, FF2 Jumps camaro onto the boat, FF3 crashes monte carlo and damages mustang. The producer needs to learn to appreciate American Muscle. Hope the movie is good.

As much as it is what it is, public exposure of our cars other than YouTube - 1987 Buick GNX 223 on Classic Car and Driver Flashback is a good thing. The cars that we own and love will once again get new exposure to a young audience. This does, obviously come with risk for us GN owners.

Ultimately, even if a movied "GN" is destroyed, so be it. It just makes our cars even more rare, desireable and thus, more saleable. The fact that the FATF movie producers even considered the GN as a contender for this role is not only amazing, but also a tribute to our cars. Prices will go up, even with our questionable economy. Just lock your cars down! Everyone will want one after that movie comes out.

Best,

Eric

man i will say this about the ricers everybody hates big wings,loud paint and graffics loud as hell exhaust hum im having a flashback to 80 and 90s pro street! loud paint, big wings,loud as hell exhaust,crappy ass graphics lol whats the difference?you tell me.oh and im glad the car is represented in a major movie longer than just a flash for 10 seconds.

lol it depends some pro streetcars wont even crank and i remember some having fake blowers and stuff so if thats not bunk i dont know what is.not all ricers are slow.my buddies lightning run 11.90 quarter times and he went to memphis and a pink honda hatchback ate his lunch lol so like i say there is no difference

here is the lightning

Attachments

• lightning.JPG
    lightning.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 120
There are some very fast imports out there, which I don't refer to as rice.
Rice is the 16 year old kid, in his parents car with the typical 3 mods.
1) cold air intake
2) muffler
3) body kit+rims

There is a import club in my city, fastest car runs high 12's. (Over 500 members)

you got to start somewhere:) and the same with the old prostreet not all where crap either but you cant deny the comparison of the 2.they mirrior each other exactly.i cant tell ya how many times i set in studyhall dreamin of 4inch exhaust and fat tires tucked under the rear of my truck but instead i had to settle for glasspacks and 295 50 bfs on 10 inch rim hanging out the side of the truck.its the same thing today im sure just about every ricer wants a supra that runs 8s but they settle for what they got.

ricer is not a fast honda, its the body kit-ed, "rimmed out", auto cars that people throw in neutral to let the car roll back to make it look like a manual. I love "tuner" cars and other fast imports