You can type here any text you want

GN not running right

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaulRV6

It was running great until the trans broke yr and a half ago. It idles good but when I start to get into the throttle it wants to pop and studder. The other thing is when I let off the gas the idle seems to stay up at 1500 for 10-20 seconds. I don't remember this from before.
All the sensors seem to be working at least from what turbo link shows. I also put about third gallon of xyelen in the tank to clean things out. Not sure if plugs are worth changing since they all look good. Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks. Paul

It's an 3.5" LT1 just put in 2 yrs ago. It seems like it's reading ok. Did the screwdriver tap and nothing changed. Thanks

If this happened after the tranny work, I would check that the grounds at the back of the motor are all secured properly and nothing has broken free from the loop. Chances are that has been compromised....

When an engine sits for a year and a half or more at least one spark plug and plug wire terminal is typically rusted or fouled in some way.
Simple and easy first check, car is going nowhere fast with crappy plugs.

Back