You can type here any text you want

GN or T-Type or G-Body car in the UK?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

38fih43

Does any one have or know of a GN or G-Body car in the UK? My partner in BAD, John Stubbs has done some amazing things with his new designs both for the street, strip and road racing. Wins each week in many 2 and 4 wheel classes is proving his talents.

BAD is in Braintree a few miles from Stansted Airport. It would be very helpful if John could have access to a G-body car for corner weight and basic suspension dynamics. The software we have developed will do the rest.

Thanks,

Floyd

'84 GN - just acquired, rough
'86 GN - being restored to original
'87 T-Type
'92 Typhoon

I know of one that's on the board but don't remember his name. What exactly are you looking for as far as weight.

John needs to get corner weights - weight on each wheel using our race scales. He then needs to take a look at the suspension (front and rear) and take simple measurements (motion ratio, roll bar size and length, etc.). It only takes a few hours and does not affect the car in anyway.

I also would like to use the unique rear link suspension John designed for live axle cars. John is concerned about clearance and such. He can look at the rear suspension and easily determine what will work best.

Once John has the data, all he has to do is enter the data into BAD's unique software. Start with stock springs and roll bar but the software allows you to enter different spring rates, roll bars, etc. to fine tune based on ones needs. The software calcualtes the exact shim stack(s) and construction of the shocks (damper)/coilovers.

BAD 3-way dampers have 50+ clicks (adjustments). Each click has a measurable difference which can be seen on a shock dyno and is predicted by the software. All are rebuildable and tuneable for different tracks, races and more.

I would like to road race one of my cars and drag race the other to show John's talents and promote BAD. So it would be very helpful if John can see an actual G-Body car. If a GN or T-Type that would be even better.

I promise they will have a lot of fun and learn a lot hanging with John.

Thanks,

Floyd

Our man is in Germany I believe, and there's another one in Denmark.

Germany - John will be in Germany next week for Autotechnica (I hope that is right).

John loves turbo cars. He has a nice Lancia Delta Integrale. I think John will love a GN once he has time to enhance a few things....

Thanks for the reponses. I know it is a bit of a long shot but John has done suspension on a number of American cars that are raced in the UK and Europe -- '69 Camaro, Ford Mustang, '65 Corvette and more. From the back of the pack to the Podium! Add to that title wins, World records and more....

I'm in England, long way from Braintree, though! Cornwall, I have an '86 Grand National.

That is wonderful news.

I will let John know. It would be great if he can see an actual car, if it can be worked out.

If you want to email him that would be great. John Stubbs, john@blackartdesigns.com

Thanks,

Floyd Harper

It's a shame that the flights from Stansted to Newquay have finished, would have been just an hours flight for him to come and se the car as opposed to a 5-6 hour drive!

I understand. He is just down from Stansted. If you take the car out or if he gets your way, maybe we can cut down the distance. The key is letting John get some time with a GN. What he comes up with will amaze.

In addition to BAD's Pro series, we are also working on a low cost adjustable BAD unit to add to our BAD OEM replacment units. It would be great to offer versions of each for GN's and other G-Body cars.

If you can get him some contact details that would be great. Or feel free to email me at rvdf3@yahoo.com.

Thanks again,

Back