You can type here any text you want

GN parts car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo F-bird

I have a hardtop 87 GN parts car for sale. It's rotted pretty badly and I don't have the title so I wouldn't bother trying to save it. I've been in contact with the original owner who lost the title and he has little interest in helping me get a new one. My insurance agent can't get it since the registry needs the bank that held the loan on it to provide a form that shows the loan was paid off and only the owner who had the loan can get that. So forget the title, it's a parts car. :frown:

It has 134k on it and the timing chain let go so it does not run. I spun the motor over with a breaker bar and it is not seized. It's all stock and unmolested but is a rusty heap as it was an everyday driver until 2004 and wasn't undercoated. In New England. :mad:
It has PW, PL, tilt, cruise, delay wipers, rear defrost, pwr driver's seat, pwr trunk, Concert Sound, posi and I think that's it. The interior doesn't appear to have any rips but is dirty and needs a good bath, the steering wheel spokes are rusting.

The driver's hinge piller is rotted pretty badly, the 1/4's are rotted, there's rot in the trunk, the doors are trash, the rockers are gone, there's a rot hole in the trunklid, the header panel is broken in two places and there's a dent in the rear if the roof. She's a beauty! The hood looks good, the front fenders look good, the spoiler looks good, the bumper fillers are good, the dash looks good, the grill looks good though I pushed on it and it and a rotted spring fell out. :eek: The bumpers are chipped with rust spots but don't look hit or bent anywhere. Most wheelwell trim and right headlight bezel look good. Underneath is scaly and crusty but amazingly the grill floor pans are not rotted. :confused: The transmission was supposed to have been rebuilt shortly before the timing chain failed but I haven't investigated it.

I payed $2650 for it and If you want it for that it's yours. Otherwise I'll just sit on it till I can cut it up myself and hallucinate about using the parts someday.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42413&stc=1&d=1202415882
IMG_0451.JPG
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42414&stc=1&d=1202415882
IMG_0452.JPG
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42415&stc=1&d=1202415882
IMG_0453.JPG
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42416&stc=1&d=1202415882
IMG_0454.JPG
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42417&stc=1&d=1202415882
IMG_0455.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_0454.JPG
    IMG_0454.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_0455.JPG
    IMG_0455.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 572

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0461.JPG
    IMG_0461.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 506
Ah, the lovely northeast. Thats why I won't even buy a daily driver from my area, always buy from south or out west. Good luck, still savable.

Dammit !!!! I wanted that !! I thought you were holding the car for me !! :mad: SOB !!! :mad:

good luck with the sale Tony :p :biggrin:

Did you just call me an SOB? Ha ha ha. Can't win em all Dan. You passed on the Firebird and this one so I guess the next one'll be yours for sure! Man, once the H/O leaves I'll be at a record low.

Wow, looks like it lived a hard life. Too bad I don't have the space, I'd love to have it for the engine and trans to go into a 4 door Regal daily driver and use the rest of the good parts for spares for my car. Maybe even park the stripped carcass in a bad neighborhood and see how long it takes for someone to try and steal it thinking they got a score cuz it's a GN...until they realize it's already been picked over. :eek: That would leave a bad taste in their mouths and be funny.

Looks like somebody drove that daily every season for many years. I had a turbo T several years back that was close to that one, mine had 350K on it though. I will tell you that you end up chasing rust forever if you try and save it.

Oh I have no intentions of saving it!

Todd2 I took a deposit on it and it's supposed to leave this week. If it falls through I'll let you know. If you're paying for shipping and want to set it up it can get shipped to the moon for all I care. :tongue:

What a crime to let a GN rust out like that.

Chances are when it was bought new the intentions were "daily driver", instead of "hoard it in the garage it might be worth something someday." Them northern states are unforgiving to autos.

It was the original owners daily driver for 15 years and if you only have one car I guess you have no choice. Still, it's a shame.

Oh I have no intentions of saving it!

Todd2 I took a deposit on it and it's supposed to leave this week. If it falls through I'll let you know. If you're paying for shipping and want to set it up it can get shipped to the moon for all I care. :tongue:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Good luck and let me know.

Back