You can type here any text you want

GN Rear Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sox

I bought what I thought was a GN rear for my 79 malibu.I took out the 7.5 and bought non-adjutable uppers and lowers.When I put in the GN rear the uppers seem to be farther apart and the rear wont fit.Im wondering if it is a Chevelle rear and I need the offset uppers.The numbers off the rear are 61JG067 on the Tubes and 14075742 on the Housing.can someone HELP me.

Put the 2 side by side One will be longer. It's probibly an A body rear. It can be used but you'll need to buy special arms to use it.

I bought what I thought was a GN rear for my 79 malibu.I took out the 7.5 and bought non-adjutable uppers and lowers.When I put in the GN rear the uppers seem to be farther apart and the rear wont fit.Im wondering if it is a Chevelle rear and I need the offset uppers.The numbers off the rear are 61JG067 on the Tubes and 14075742 on the Housing.can someone HELP me.

Did you buy this off a Cutlass guy in Wisconsin?

i dont have the stock rear.I did measure it before I sold it and it was the same.52" plate to plate.

Back