You can type here any text you want

GN vs. Jeep SRT 8

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jasjamz

THS Racer
I was out doing a little spectating last night to see some street action. I decided to take my GN since I didn't take her to the midwest challenge. The race of the night didn't go down due to one car losing a belt in the burnout, and the other breaking his trans after they got the belt back on. So I am the first back to the meeting spot, when another "spectator" pulls up in a brand new SRT8 Jeep. "What you want to do with that National?" he asked. "Nothing! That thing is too fast for me." He peeps my MT DR's and says, come on ...For $100? I decline again and he says OK just for fun. I have doubts(boost set low due to a popping prob at my normal level) but line up anyway. He steals the hit an is quickly two cars ahead( darn awd and 425hp). But low and behold the power of the Buick. 2nd gear stopped him dead in his tracks! 3rd gear had me a fender in front with still another 25% of the quarter mile left. I let off since the outcome was obvious and we shook hands after getting back to the meeting spot. He was glad he didnt loose the hundred bucks, and I was glad I beat the truck that has a growing rep!

nice kill!

i saw an SRT-8 jeep in michigan and it was running consistent 13.54's. not too shabby!

I would like to drive one, looks like fun. Beat on it, break it, drop it off at the dealer only to get it back and beat on it again. Must be nice to have a hot rod under warranty.

good kill...
coworker buddy of mine has one of those Cherokee SRT8's and I must say I really am impressed by it. After riding in it and driving it I can totally understand how he got you out of the whole... good thing you could reel him in though!

Yes you read that right did you read the 45-50k price tag :eek:
Thats why I bought a Trailblazer ;)

How do you like it? Modded? Have you had a run in with a jeep yet? I see a tbss in my future because it can tow and race!

I ran it last summer in 95 degree weather with a ton of humidity and it went a 13.88 @99mph . Its an 06 2wd with dvd leather sunroof i think the 60ft was a 2.2 spining

Ahh the ssr...I forgot about that truck. Guy in chicago had one with spray on it. :eek:

I saw a tbss at the track run 12.03 3 times in a row hot lapping back in June. I asked him what he had done, he said cold air kit, exhaust and a chip w/ some tuning. it was AWD

I saw a tbss at the track run 12.03 3 times in a row hot lapping back in June. I asked him what he had done, he said cold air kit, exhaust and a chip w/ some tuning. it was AWD

I think he was pulling your leg, A TBSS with the mods he said he had, Don't know what chip he could be talking about but using a HPTuner to fine tune the 6.0 and tune to the high octane table and it being a 4X4, I would say a low 14 to high 13's would be a real good run

I bet he had a little scuba gear in the back...

A 12.0x awd suv that is daily driven is going to rack up on the street in the right hands. We need to be careful out there. I'd hate to end up in their kill section!

I dont know what he "truly" had done to it, but I looked at it and didnt see anything done visually. Even the exhaust looked like the stock out the back, but the track times were up on the board. I think wheel to wheel was the place that was tuning it.

Im sure he had a cold air kit, exhaust not a chip but a computer remap and a high stall converter and a lil gas or just alot of gas :cool:

Ive seen one here in SC that was driven from Detroit that ran high 11's on a 175 kit with exhaust converter and tune . Looked like it wanted to pull the front wheels while they were spining :eek: Ive seen acouple Turbo TBSS havent seen any times.

He was probably spraying it, or had a built motor with a stock sounding cam similar to the thunder racing "old man" camshaft. I promise you a tbss isn't running that quick with a couple bolt on's and a tune.

Back