GN1 's rocker alignment

pajo

I have GN1's with GN1 1.65 aluminum roller rockers and champion shafts that I just finished installing when I noticed this miss alignment on several of them, roller off center to valve tip. Does Champion sell shims for this issue or anyone else..If anyone has encountered this issue please chime in .. 20151023_160858.jpg 20151023_160901.jpg 20151023_160932.jpg 20151023_160858.jpg 20151023_160901.jpg 20151023_160932.jpg 20151023_160949.jpg

I have GN1's with GN1 1.65 aluminum roller rockers and champion shafts that I just finished installing when I noticed this miss alignment on several of them, roller off center to valve tip. Does Champion sell shims for this issue or anyone else..If anyone has encountered this issue please chime in
Have you converted from T&D iron assemblies to the longer shafts plus different washers and tubes while using the rockers from the iron head assemblies,or did you purchase assemblies for GN1 heads? Which ever way you got to where you currently are,you're in the same boat. The T&D GN1 rocker assemblies use the same rocker bodies as the T&D assemblies for iron heads. The problem this creates,because the valves in your GN1 heads are spaced farther apart,is that you need to move the rockers toward their respective valves in an effort to place their roller tips over the centers of their valve stems. You can move the rockers over until their respective push rods rub on their push rod holes and the roller tips still won't be centered over their respective valve stems.

The only way to get to where you want to be is to purchase new or used T&D rocker assemblies for TA SI heads. Or you could purchase just the rocker arms and spacing tubes for the TA SI assemblies from T&D as well as the spacing washers for T&D iron head assemblies. The T&D rocker arm assemblies for TA SI heads use wider rocker bodies along with the same spacing washers used in their assemblies for iron heads as well as the same shafts you currently have. They also have their own unique spacing tubes. The wider rocker bodies,in the TA SI rocker assemblies,allow the push rods to remain centered in their respective push rod holes. Since the bodies are wider,the roller tips can be moved over to be centered on their respective valve stem.

Tubes and washer spacing will put the pushrods into the heads for clearance. And on the front and rear cylinders the amount of material that needs to be removed from pushrod holes will hit water. Get the different rocker arms that are are actually machined with the roller tip offset. Went through this with my TA SI heads.

Attachments

• 1445855074768.jpg
    1445855074768.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 1445855088502.jpg
    1445855088502.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 154
A possibility is just ordering the rockers themselves and just reuse the shafts, washers, etc to save a few bucks... Give T&D a call.

A possibility is just ordering the rockers themselves and just reuse the shafts, washers, etc to save a few bucks... Give T&D a call.
The T&D rocker assemblies for TA SI heads use the same washers as their assemblies for iron heads. He won't be able to use his current washers or tubes. The only things he can use are his current shafts. He'll have to buy washers,tubes and rockers.

"A possibility is just ordering the rockers themselves and just reuse the shafts, washers, etc to save a few bucks... Give T&D a call."
I sure hope spacers or washers would work that would save me quite a bit of coin.

"A possibility is just ordering the rockers themselves and just reuse the shafts, washers, etc to save a few bucks... Give T&D a call."
I sure hope spacers or washers would work that would save me quite a bit of coin.
For the third time,you will need the TA SI rocker arms,tubes and washers. The washers used in the T&D TA SI rocker arm assemblies are the same washers used in the T&D iron head rocker assemblies. The tubes and washers,you currently have,will not work with the T&D SI rocker arms.

Using the rockers you currently have,will not get you where you need to be and nobody makes different tubes and spacers to move the rockers over any more than they have already been moved.
You can use your shafts but you must install TA SI rockers,washers,and tubes onto them.

There is no other option,however you can be glad that there is one and it is available to us because of Mike at TA Performance.

Last edited:
If you sell the complete iron head T&D rockers that you have now, and put that money towards the correct T&D rockers, you may come out spending less than trying to convert them.

If you sell the complete iron head T&D rockers that you have now, and put that money towards the correct T&D rockers, you may come out spending less than trying to convert them.
He doesn't have iron head rocker assemblies. He has T&D made rocker assemblies for GN1 heads. His assemblies use the same rocker bodies as the T&D iron head assemblies. The only useful parts of his current assemblies are the rocker arms to use on iron heads only and the shafts which can be used on GN1 or TA SI heads.

I did a little machining work for rocker shaft and shimming ...
GN1 heads / TA rocker stand .... now work fine..
Lähtökohta.jpg Sorvaus.jpg uusi lukkoura.jpg Jyrsintä.jpg valmis.jpg